Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can phone dialer search from call history?

Tip us?

bluprint23
Old
(Last edited by bluprint23; 9th February 2014 at 09:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] can phone dialer search from call history?

I use my nexus 5 for work and I receive a lot of calls. I need to look up a call log from a number that was not saved as a contact. Dial up seems to just search saved contacts and nearby places.

Most phones you can dial the number and the call log will appear but the nexus 5 won't do that. Any suggestions?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluprint23 View Post
I need to look up phone numbers from the history without having to save the contact. I use my phone for work a lot so I want to able to dial the number inside dialer and get the call log details. Most phones have this but it's lacking in the nexus 5. Is there even a substitute for dialer?
Just push the clock sign on the left below next to the dialer to see the call history.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

bluprint23
Old
(Last edited by bluprint23; 9th February 2014 at 09:29 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Just push the clock sign on the left below next to the dialer to see the call history.
I know about the clock but the call history is a huge list since I first used the nexus.

I don't know the exact date of the call so why can I just search for the number in the phone app using the search bar?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluprint23 View Post
I know about the clock but the call history is a huge list since I first used the nexus.

I don't know the exact date of the call so if I need the details can I just search for the phone number using the search bar?
I don`t think you can search in the dialer for recent numbers, maybe there is an dialer in Play that has that option.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bluprint23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
I don`t think you can search in the dialer for recent numbers, maybe there is an dialer in Play that has that option.
ok Thanks!