Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone doesn't turn on anymore (Flashed wrong ROM)

Tip us?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0ck View Post
Hm okay :/

Btw when I plug the phone in, windows installs a driver for "qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008" ..?
That means it's bricked beyond what anyone except LG can do. Send it in for repair/replacement. Nothing else you can try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rest0ck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Uhm I found a download for the emmc software download tool with a manual how to flash a bootloader.
But I'm not quite sure how it works. Does anyone maybe have a link or can tell me what to do or if I'm able to do it?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,639
Quote:
Uhm I found a download for the emmc software download tool with a manual how to flash a bootloader.
But I'm not quite sure how it works. Does anyone maybe have a link or can tell me what to do or if I'm able to do it?
When 9008 shows up as a device you can't do anything. Send it in for repair.
Quote:
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,422
Send it for repair. End of thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Send it for repair. End of thread

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The ROM he flashed had a boot.img in it, I didn't bother looking into the image but I bet it overwrote something crucial. Lol. Yeah, not much anyone except LG can do.
Quote:

bitdomo
Old
(Last edited by bitdomo; 18th August 2014 at 09:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
I know how it works, but it will not work. We need source code of the bootloader and other script tools from qualcomm to compile a flash pogrammer hex or mbn and a bootloader image which can run from the memory of the phone. We will never get any of these files.

Dont waste your time about that thing. I wasted planty of my time and still wasting more... Just send your phone to LG and pay the repair cost or to google and pay the cost of a new phone if it is from google.
The Following User Says Thank You to bitdomo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]