TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

Phone Responds, Screen Doesn't turn on HELP

OP gigamage

8th June 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Visit the nearest LG service centre and let them have a look at your device and then proceed accordingly.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

I don't think LG would help much in this situation... They'll make me pay more than the phone costs.
9th June 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #12  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,369

4,113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamage

I don't think LG would help much in this situation... They'll make me pay more than the phone costs.

The display is fried.. Possibly, the battery is affected as well by looking at your previous comment.

All you can do is, replace the damaged parts which might cost you a bomb. However, instead of doing it yourself, let LG take a look at your device first and get a quote from them! There's no harm in getting one. You will just need to pay the labour charges incurred for opening up your device and examining it.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
11th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

33 posts
quick update: I was able to flash a rom using wug fresh and it boots normally. I can take screenshots, open the camera and take pictures, speaker works fine. I'm guessing this is only a display problem now? any ideas on anything I need to do in order to test other hardware areas to check damage?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus 5 screen doesnt turn on
Previous Thread Next Thread