Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone Responds, Screen Doesn't turn on HELP

Tip us?

gigamage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Visit the nearest LG service centre and let them have a look at your device and then proceed accordingly.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!
I don't think LG would help much in this situation... They'll make me pay more than the phone costs.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1948

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamage View Post
I don't think LG would help much in this situation... They'll make me pay more than the phone costs.
The display is fried.. Possibly, the battery is affected as well by looking at your previous comment.

All you can do is, replace the damaged parts which might cost you a bomb. However, instead of doing it yourself, let LG take a look at your device first and get a quote from them! There's no harm in getting one. You will just need to pay the labour charges incurred for opening up your device and examining it.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

gigamage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
quick update: I was able to flash a rom using wug fresh and it boots normally. I can take screenshots, open the camera and take pictures, speaker works fine. I'm guessing this is only a display problem now? any ideas on anything I need to do in order to test other hardware areas to check damage?
Tags
nexus 5 screen doesnt turn on