Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

My phone keeps restarting when I change to ART!!!

5th January 2014, 10:58 AM |#1  
Algotis's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Szeged, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Hello!

I had franco r30 kernel and I was on ART when I did a wipe and installed the stock kernel.
When I started the phone it took a while to start up but now the phone was on Dalvik again.
A wanted to change it to ART again, but after the boot animation the phone keeps restarting...
What should I do? When I go into recovery and do a wipe the phone starts but its Dalvik...
Please help!!!
 
 
5th January 2014, 11:05 AM |#2  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 400
 
1,770 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algotis

Hello!

I had franco r30 kernel and I was on ART when I did a wipe and installed the stock kernel.
When I started the phone it took a while to start up but now the phone was on Dalvik again.
A wanted to change it to ART again, but after the boot animation the phone keeps restarting...
What should I do? When I go into recovery and do a wipe the phone starts but its Dalvik...
Please help!!!

You may have to return completely to stock.

________________________
Sent from my Nexus 5
5th January 2014, 11:08 AM |#3  
Algotis's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Szeged, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

You may have to return completely to stock.

________________________
Sent from my Nexus 5

Will it work again If I do a factory reset?
Will I lose something? I mean the unlocked bootloader still remains?
I dont care about the stuff on my phone i just dont want to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery again.
5th January 2014, 11:14 AM |#4  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 400
 
1,770 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algotis

Will it work again If I do a factory reset?
Will I lose something? I mean the unlocked bootloader still remains?
I dont care about the stuff on my phone i just dont want to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery again.

Actually, now that I think about it, if it were me, I would start from the beginning.

________________________
Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to PhilipTD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 11:32 AM |#5  
Algotis's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Szeged, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Okay, I did the FIRST method but I didn't have to do the last 3 steps because after flashing the phone restarted and booted succesfully.
Is it okay?
5th January 2014, 11:33 AM |#6  
Algotis's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Szeged, Hungary
Thanks Meter: 1
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipTD

Actually, now that I think about it, if it were me, I would start from the beginning.

Okay, I did the FIRST method but I didn't have to do the last 3 steps because after flashing the phone restarted and booted succesfully.
And it still shows az unlocked padlock at the bottom of the screen when te Google title appears during boot... Is it okay?
________________________
Last edited by Algotis; 5th January 2014 at 11:44 AM.
5th January 2014, 12:50 PM |#7  
PhilipTD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 400
 
1,770 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algotis

Okay, I did the FIRST method but I didn't have to do the last 3 steps because after flashing the phone restarted and booted succesfully.
And it still shows az unlocked padlock at the bottom of the screen when te Google title appears during boot... Is it okay?
________________________

Yes, if everything is working, you're good to go. Great job!

BTW, Art is experimental, and can be unstable. If you stay on Dalvik and install the optimized libraries, your phone will be just as fast.

________________________
Sent from my Nexus 5
Last edited by PhilipTD; 5th January 2014 at 12:53 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes