Ask a question

No registration required

Phone restting every reboot - can't even unlock

OP RemeCA

4th September 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Out of the blue my Nexus 5 totally flipped out. It only recognizes 215MB of 16GB internal storage, the rest is missing. It's also not getting service. Also, every time I reboot the phone, it goes back to totally factory stock. So I tried unlocking it, successfully, but then on reboot it was locked again. Need to unlock and install custom recovery so I can flash a new ROM, but I can't because of the reset thing. Any ideas?
4th September 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,915

11,218 posts
Rma the device. It sounds like your emmc flash memory is bad. You have the symptoms

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
5th September 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 136

726 posts
Log please. Perhaps you messed up with partitions just like me yesterday
6th September 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0S

Log please. Perhaps you messed up with partitions just like me yesterday

What logs? There's basically no storage on the device, and when I plug it into my computer, it sees the phone but it's totally empty. I did nothing to any partitions. This is my wife's phone, and she's been using it bone stock since she got it a few months ago. She wouldn't let me do anything to it, no rooting, no unlocking, and she doesn't do anything to it herself except use basic apps. It just started doing this on its own. I think we'll RMA it.
Last edited by RemeCA; 6th September 2014 at 03:40 PM.
6th September 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 136

726 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeCA

What logs? There's basically no storage on the device, and when I plug it into my computer, it sees the phone but it's totally empty. I did nothing to any partitions. This is my wife's phone, and she's been using it bone stock since she got it a few months ago. She wouldn't let me do anything to it, no rooting, no unlocking, and she doesn't do anything to it herself except use basic apps. It just started doing this on its own. I think we'll RMA it.

go RMA then. Just thought you messed up like me yesterday (no radio, no modem).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread