5,593,793 Members 44,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone rings once and then auto rejects?? (Intermittent)

Tip us?

gsteelx
Old
(Last edited by gsteelx; 30th December 2013 at 08:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Phone rings once and then auto rejects?? (Intermittent)

Hey there,

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or not:

My Nexus 5 will occasionally ring once, then auto reject the call. I am not sure what is going on with it.

Anyone else having this issue?

I thought it may be Google Voice causing the issue, but I disabled it, and it still is doing it.

Thank you for your continued help.

Mr. Sprinkles
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Mine has sort of done this, but it only rang for a split second before the call was rejected. This happened several times very rapidly, had to power off the phone to get it to stop. Hasn't done it since though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Sprinkles For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gsteelx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sprinkles View Post
Mine has sort of done this, but it only rang for a split second before the call was rejected. This happened several times very rapidly, had to power off the phone to get it to stop. Hasn't done it since though.
Thanks. Wirefly (who I bought the phone from) says they will replace it (with their device protection insurance thing) but I want to see if I can troubleshoot it first.

Thank you so much for your response!

Oven808
Old
(Last edited by Oven808; 31st December 2013 at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Mine does this also. When it happens I cannot make a call either. The phone will ring the person I'm calling for half a second then hang up. A reboot solves it but it's irritating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Edit: I'm on T-mobile

gsteelx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oven808 View Post
Mine does this also. When it happens I cannot make a call either. The phone will ring the person I'm calling for half a second then hang up. A reboot solves it but it's irritating.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Sprint did the 'ole *#*#72786#*#* and is "confident" this will fix the issue... What a joke... That is their answer for everything...

Ugh, I just want my Nexus 5 with Sprint to be flawless!

ldubs
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteelx View Post
Sprint did the 'ole *#*#72786#*#* and is "confident" this will fix the issue... What a joke... That is their answer for everything...

Ugh, I just want my Nexus 5 with Sprint to be flawless!
There's your answer. Time to get off the POS Sprint Network. My guess is you're in a crappy signal area at the time this is happening.

Insert witty, pithy, androidy statement here

gsteelx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
There's your answer. Time to get off the POS Sprint Network. My guess is you're in a crappy signal area at the time this is happening.
Nope... 4G LTE 3 bars... :/

gsteelx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubs View Post
Finally got off of POS Sprint and went to AT&T. LOVE IT! Service is amazing, customer support is pretty good... Bit pricier but I don't care, I will pay for that!

Thanks!