Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Phone shutting down while taking picture/video

OP Inkness

11th July 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag Bruxelles
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgeardave

it just meant the phone battery couldn't supply the voltage so I ended up buying another battery. As you can't replace the battery, the only option you have left is RMA.

That's what I thought.

I installed a new battery following screen replacement because the original one was glued like crazy to the old screen. So RMA isn't an option but I can try to find a better quality battery, I know how to install it.
11th July 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 589

1,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito1337

That's what I thought.

I installed a new battery following screen replacement because the original one was glued like crazy to the old screen. So RMA isn't an option but I can try to find a better quality battery, I know how to install it.

You'll need the part "*Google Nexus 5 BL-T9 2300mAh EAC62078701" Try and find an original LG one
11th July 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #13  
Flag Bruxelles
Thanks Meter: 5

15 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgeardave

Try and find an original LG one

Yeah they all say it's "Original" or "Genuine" but I'm pretty sure the one I got is physically smaller than the true original one...

Right now I have charged it and the camera + flash works. I will update if it fails again (most likely on low battery)
11th July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 589

1,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito1337

Yeah they all say it's "Original" or "Genuine" but I'm pretty sure the one I got is physically smaller than the true original one...

Right now I have charged it and the camera + flash works. I will update if it fails again (most likely on low battery)

Yeah, once it goes below 25% it'll start to go screwy. Eventually it'll get to a point where even at 80% the battery won't be able to supply the voltage for the camera. The problem with aftermarket batteries is that cell degradation is much worse than oem batteries as the quality is not the same. In an ideal scenario, you're best off buying a nexus 5 that someone is selling for parts and use that battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread