Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone shutting down while taking picture/video

Tip us?

Tito1337
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgeardave View Post
it just meant the phone battery couldn't supply the voltage so I ended up buying another battery. As you can't replace the battery, the only option you have left is RMA.
That's what I thought.

I installed a new battery following screen replacement because the original one was glued like crazy to the old screen. So RMA isn't an option but I can try to find a better quality battery, I know how to install it.

topgeardave
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito1337 View Post
That's what I thought.

I installed a new battery following screen replacement because the original one was glued like crazy to the old screen. So RMA isn't an option but I can try to find a better quality battery, I know how to install it.
You'll need the part "*Google Nexus 5 BL-T9 2300mAh EAC62078701" Try and find an original LG one

If I've helped, just press the thank you button

Current Phones:
Nexus 5: Official CM11 with Chaos Kernel
Nexus 7(2013): CM11 with francos Kernel

Old Phones (Still in use):
HTC Sensation: Sultanxda/bilal_liberty cm11
HTC Desire: Own cm7 build

Tito1337
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgeardave View Post
Try and find an original LG one
Yeah they all say it's "Original" or "Genuine" but I'm pretty sure the one I got is physically smaller than the true original one...

Right now I have charged it and the camera + flash works. I will update if it fails again (most likely on low battery)

topgeardave
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito1337 View Post
Yeah they all say it's "Original" or "Genuine" but I'm pretty sure the one I got is physically smaller than the true original one...

Right now I have charged it and the camera + flash works. I will update if it fails again (most likely on low battery)
Yeah, once it goes below 25% it'll start to go screwy. Eventually it'll get to a point where even at 80% the battery won't be able to supply the voltage for the camera. The problem with aftermarket batteries is that cell degradation is much worse than oem batteries as the quality is not the same. In an ideal scenario, you're best off buying a nexus 5 that someone is selling for parts and use that battery.

If I've helped, just press the thank you button

Current Phones:
Nexus 5: Official CM11 with Chaos Kernel
Nexus 7(2013): CM11 with francos Kernel

Old Phones (Still in use):
HTC Sensation: Sultanxda/bilal_liberty cm11
HTC Desire: Own cm7 build