Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone stopped receiving MMS

Tip us?

CashMoney474
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Phone stopped receiving MMS

Hey guys,

Here's the story. I'm on AT&t. Got my Nexus 5 last week, put my sim card from my LGOG into it. Everything worked beautifully (including MMS) and I was crying tears of joy.

Root it. Installed gravity box, noticed I had ten million quick settings tiles. Become giddy and click happy. Clicked one that toggled data type (LTE/2G/3G). MMS broke. Can't figure it out. Stopped clicking things. Uninstalled gravity box.

Change every APN setting after reading countless forums. Does absolutely nothing. Decide to wipe and install Cyanogen 11. Upon reboot after fresh install, 1 pending picture message got sent. Couldn't send anymore even after rebooting again.

Messed with all the apn's I saw fit, still nothing. Go to AT&T, completely useless but added my IMEI to the account. Got 1 picture to send upon rebooting again, then all the others failed just like before. Not sure what to do, occasionally crying tears of not joy.

Any ideas where to start to diagnose this?

TheLastSidekick
Old
(Last edited by TheLastSidekick; 6th June 2014 at 08:37 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1921

DONATE TO ME
I wouldn't know, this problem just sounds weird. But assuming the problem isn't network based and is on your side, I'd try flashing the latest factory image using fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Team Inferno (Co-admin)

CashMoney474
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick View Post
I wouldn't know, this problem just sounds weird. But assuming the problem isn't network based and is on your side, I'd try flashing the latest factory image using fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Pretty late update, but flashing the stock fixed it so I had been running that for awhile. Slowly started adding root apps back here and there (i was convinced it had something to do with Xposed) but noticed once I installed Adblock I could no longer recieve any messages. Started digging around the internet and found this thread on their forums: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewto...11755&start=15

It states for AT&T users to set the MMS port to 8080 and it worked! Weird that I hadn't run into this before on any other phones as I've been using adblock forever. I had to do it in the Mobile Network APN settings and Hangouts.
The Following User Says Thank You to CashMoney474 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gallegosusa
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default my 2cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashMoney474 View Post
Pretty late update, but flashing the stock fixed it so I had been running that for awhile. Slowly started adding root apps back here and there (i was convinced it had something to do with Xposed) but noticed once I installed Adblock I could no longer recieve any messages. Started digging around the internet and found this thread on their forums: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewto...11755&start=15

It states for AT&T users to set the MMS port to 8080 and it worked! Weird that I hadn't run into this before on any other phones as I've been using adblock forever. I had to do it in the Mobile Network APN settings and Hangouts.
Use AdAway m8 its loads better unless you click tracking links from facebook all of the time !

and good job on fixing it yourself

ThatArchVillan
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I too am having this issue. I'm running android L