XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone stopped vibrating

Tip us?

zachms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone stopped vibrating

Thought I noticed a few days ago that my phone wasn't vibrating while ringing but forgot about it and went about my week. (I don't get a lot of calls). Yesterday I had the phone on vibrate only and happened to look at it while I was getting a call. It definitely was not vibrating. So I downloaded vibrate tester and... nothing. It's not like you can even hear a broken motor or something trying to vibrate, just nothing at all.

I haven't found this problem searching around, my phone is totally stock no root or anything. Anyone else seen something like this? I was on 4.4 when I noticed and I updated to 4.4.2 today and still no help. Any suggestions?

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
What did google say?

Sent from my Nexus 5

zachms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
What did google say?

Sent from my Nexus 5
To do a factory reset, which I'll be trying tomorrow, but I have a sneaking suspicion it won't work. Just wondering if anyone else had observed this issue.

jbdan
Old
Thanks Meter 473
I had this happen. But it came like that out of the box. I returned it for a new one. Only took 6 days. It was a dead vibrator motor. Sounds like that might be your issue. If so try a factory reset and if it doesn't fix it then time to rma

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" <><