Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 54,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My phone seems to have suddenly died

Tip us?

marty_13
Old
(Last edited by marty_13; 9th March 2014 at 01:57 PM.) Reason: clarification
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] My phone seems to have suddenly died

So I sent a text before dinner, put my phone down on the table, and ate. When I finished and tried to check my phone, it was off. The power key is unresponsive, along with no vibration on hold. I've done all the possible button holds for about a minute. It doesn't seem to register at all when plugged into the computer. I have a crack in my screen from an unfortunate drop about a month ago, so I know RMA is off the table.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this a case of ponying up for a replacement?

PS: It's also rooted, with CF-autorooter if I remember properly, with stock 4.4.2

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_13 View Post
So I sent a text before dinner, put my phone down on the table, and ate. When I finished and tried to check my phone, it was off. The power key is unresponsive, along with no vibration on hold. I've done all the possible button holds for about a minute. It doesn't seem to register at all when plugged into the computer. I have a crack in my screen from an unfortunate drop about a month ago, so I know RMA is off the table.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this a case of ponying up for a replacement?

PS: It's also rooted, with CF-autorooter if I remember properly, with stock 4.4.2
If the phone doesn't respond to any key combinations, there's little you can do with it.

Why not try to RMA it? If it's a little crack, I doubt whether they will deny RMA. Besides that, you've got nothing to loose.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marty_13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
If the phone doesn't respond to any key combinations, there's little you can do with it.

Why not try to RMA it? If it's a little crack, I doubt whether they will deny RMA. Besides that, you've got nothing to loose.
Haha, you've got a point! Thank you for confiriming

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_13 View Post
Haha, you've got a point! Thank you for confiriming
np m8. Good luck with the RMA!