Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] My phone seems to have suddenly died

OP marty_13

9th March 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I sent a text before dinner, put my phone down on the table, and ate. When I finished and tried to check my phone, it was off. The power key is unresponsive, along with no vibration on hold. I've done all the possible button holds for about a minute. It doesn't seem to register at all when plugged into the computer. I have a crack in my screen from an unfortunate drop about a month ago, so I know RMA is off the table.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this a case of ponying up for a replacement?

PS: It's also rooted, with CF-autorooter if I remember properly, with stock 4.4.2
Last edited by marty_13; 9th March 2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: clarification
9th March 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_13

So I sent a text before dinner, put my phone down on the table, and ate. When I finished and tried to check my phone, it was off. The power key is unresponsive, along with no vibration on hold. I've done all the possible button holds for about a minute. It doesn't seem to register at all when plugged into the computer. I have a crack in my screen from an unfortunate drop about a month ago, so I know RMA is off the table.

Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this a case of ponying up for a replacement?

PS: It's also rooted, with CF-autorooter if I remember properly, with stock 4.4.2

If the phone doesn't respond to any key combinations, there's little you can do with it.

Why not try to RMA it? If it's a little crack, I doubt whether they will deny RMA. Besides that, you've got nothing to loose.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

If the phone doesn't respond to any key combinations, there's little you can do with it.

Why not try to RMA it? If it's a little crack, I doubt whether they will deny RMA. Besides that, you've got nothing to loose.

Haha, you've got a point! Thank you for confiriming
9th March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,453

4,239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_13

Haha, you've got a point! Thank you for confiriming

np m8. Good luck with the RMA!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread