Phone Won’t Start

Search This thread

Slimgym20

Feb 1, 2009
Hey all,

I am helping my brother out here. I did a quick search and couldn’t find anything. He has a Nexus 5 not rooted. He turned it off for a flight and went to turn it back on after it it won’t turn on. Just sits on the load screen w/the four color circles. He say’s the memory is full - so I was thinking maybe that is it? He say’s it just double vibrates and resets after about 15 seconds.

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
If it's not booting up, head over to bootloader (Volume down+power) and then access the recovery using the volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
From the recovery format cache and then reboot. See if it boots up.. If not, then head over to recovery again and perform a factory reset.

Slimgym20

Feb 1, 2009
If it's not booting up, head over to bootloader (Volume down+power) and then access the recovery using the volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
From the recovery format cache and then reboot. See if it boots up.. If not, then head over to recovery again and perform a factory reset.

Phone just freezes up when trying both of those options...Any idea?

Slimgym20

Feb 1, 2009
Switch off the phone by holding the power button. After it switches off completely, hold the Power+Vol down key together until the bootloader shows up..

Does it freeze in the bootloader as well?

I can move around in the boot loader....It just freezes when in recovery mode trying to wipe or factory reset.

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I can move around in the boot loader....It just freezes when in recovery mode trying to wipe or factory reset.

Do you see an android robot with his belly open? If you see that press volume_up key then use volume_down to cycle down to factory reset then select it with power key.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

1c3_5n0w

Apr 18, 2012
Singapore
Asus ZenFone 2
OnePlus 2
Does the recovery state anything about a corrupt cache? Usually wiping data or cache is the way to go and fixes this issue easily. Since you can get into fastboot mode, if all else fails just flash the stock image.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Darth

Or erase cache in fastboot. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Maybe fastboot erase userdata too. Tho all his stuff will be gone. not internal SD, but apps and data will be.