No registration required

REALLY bad battery life in Nexus 5.

OP teunnk

21st May 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Hello,

So today I had a few hours to waste at school. I played around on my phone just using social media and stuff but I noticed the battery went down REALLY fast. Also I noticed that the phone was very hot when just browsing twitter. I'm rooted, have elementalX installed and I'm on dalvik. I'll include photos. Help would be appreciated. I had GPS off, also the 'ok google' command was turned off. I know the Nexus 5 battery life isn't great but I normally get about 3-4 hours of screen on time, I only use my phone to browse social media really.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400698334853.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	2756073   Click image for larger version

Name:	1400698733521.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2756089   Click image for larger version

Name:	1400698759685.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2756090  
21st May 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,927

27,548 posts
well, your wifi connection looks terrible, thatll drain battery very fast. plus google play services took a little battery from you.
21st May 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Hmm, I was only sitting in thay class for about 20 minutes though and normally I get way better battery life at school. I will check on the play services though. thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,958

13,679 posts
More
If you're rooted, gsam or something similar can tell you if you had any wakelocks, and if so, what app.

The stock battery usage screen pretty much has no useful info.
22nd May 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,548 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

If you're rooted, gsam or something similar can tell you if you had any wakelocks, and if so, what app.

The stock battery usage screen pretty much has no useful info.

the stock battery usage screen(s) is all i use, is all i need. i manage to get by using only the info there
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

13,679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

the stock battery usage screen(s) is all i use, is all i need. i manage to get by using only the info there

You know what you're doing.... But if someone doesn't.... They'll never find issues with it.... Most the time. Or see wakelocks.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Oh, and as a full time battery life helper.....I can't help anyone without something better than stock screen shots....not without taking guess after guess. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,548 posts
Quote:

You know what you're doing.... But if someone doesn't.... They'll never find issues with it.... Most the time. Or see wakelocks.

truth, lol

except thats the first place ill see when a wakelock is bugging my phone. itll show up as my phone being awake when my screens off. normally when my phone screen is off, my phone doesnt get woken(except for gmails or messages). but if i see it awake, i know i have wakelock to kill(or get a system process unstuck).
22nd May 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor

13,679 posts
More
Quote:

truth, lol

except thats the first place ill see when a wakelock is bugging my phone. itll show up as my phone being awake when my screens off. normally when my phone screen is off, my phone doesnt get woken(except for gmails or messages). but if i see it awake, i know i have wakelock to kill(or get a system process unstuck).

But how do you find the wake locks? Like a needle in a hay stack without a battery monitoring app.

And again, I'm sure you personally can find them quick enough, but 90 percent on here can't.... And I sure can't if they don't get gsam, BBS, wakelock detector or something.
22nd May 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!

27,548 posts
Quote:

But how do you find the wake locks? Like a needle in a hay stack without a battery monitoring app.

And again, I'm sure you personally can find them quick enough, but 90 percent on here can't.... And I sure can't if they don't get gsam, BBS, wakelock detector or something.

its usually like one of three anyways(if i get bad one). anyways, i use wakelock detector to greenify sysyem apps occasionally, or if i need to find a wakelock https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor

13,679 posts
More
Quote:

its usually like one of three anyways(if i get bad one). anyways, i use wakelock detector to greenify sysyem apps occasionally, or if i need to find a wakelock https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Got that one too. Lol

Gsam is great overall....but wakelock detector has more detail for actual wakelocks.

When helping someone, I usually ask for gsam main screen.... To get the big picture, then wakelocks.

K.... we're hijacking. Even tho its thread related... I still must report us both. 😜

The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread