Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Play store error receiving information from server?

OP Ben36

5th June 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #1  
Ben36's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,027
 
6,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Any ideas anyone?



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 65
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Phone Follow this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Any ideas anyone?



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

this may work on u
1. Remove your google account from phone.
2. Goto settings, open apps.
3. Navigate to All apps.
4. Clear the data for the below mentioned
processes Download Manager ,Google Play Store,
Google Services Framework.
Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #3  
Ben36's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,027
 
6,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Thanks that worked!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 03:56 PM   |  #4  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 65
 
315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #5  
Ben36's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,027
 
6,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
It's back, I've done clearing Google account like 5 times, it works for a bit then comes back again! Any more ideas? :-\

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #6  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,801
 
4,967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

It's back, I've done clearing Google account like 5 times, it works for a bit then comes back again! Any more ideas? :-\

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Several ideads on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579401
Quote:

turn off you internet
go to settings > application > select Google play store and Google play service > clear cache
then turn on the internet .

Quote:

SOLVED!!! Finally! Not sure what the fix was exactly (since I tinkered with just everything in this session) but I think it was removing ALL Google accounts (I had 7 total) and possibly combined with toggling Sync and the clear cache & data trick. Here's everything I did:

Updated Google Play services to 4.1.32 (978161-36)
Updated Play Store to 4.4.22
Turned off Sync
Removed all 7 Google accounts
Cleared cache AND data for Google Play services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework (I know the Google engineer said not to, but F it!)
Restarted the phone
Cleared cache AND data again for the aforementioned apps/services (I'm paranoid/anal)
Restarted the phone again
Turned Sync back on
Re-added just ONE Google account (my primary one)
Cleared cache and data again (told ya!)
Restarted the phone again

All the apps that were giving me the RPC:S-3 error have successfully updated/installed automatically. What a F'ing experience!

Well, 'til the next RPC:S-3 (or RPC:S-5:AEC-0) fiasco...

The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #7  
Ben36's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,027
 
6,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
I've tried this, let's see how it goes again... Bloody Google

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes