[Q] Please help, assaulted while recording

OP 84Guzz

2nd February 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 20

90 posts
More
There was this guy vandalizing some stuff in my street. I told him to stop while recording video of the event. He forced me on the ground bruising my neck and damaging my teeth, let me go when I promised to delete the video. How can I recover the video? Any help is very much appreciated.
2nd February 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 31

185 posts
You wouldn't happen to have your photos/videos back up to Google do you? That's terrible that happened to you I'm sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim489

You wouldn't happen to have your photos/videos back up to Google do you? That's terrible that happened to you I'm sorry.

I turned that off because mobile data used to be very expensive here...

Thank you for your compassion
2nd February 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 328

1,283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Guzz

There was this guy vandalizing some stuff in my street. I told him to stop while recording video of the event. He forced me on the ground bruising my neck and damaging my teeth, let me go when I promised to delete the video. How can I recover the video? Any help is very much appreciated.

Where this guy at? ima fkin swing my iCrap device at him and crack it and smack it on his face with the glass shards and everything or use like an ipad and smack him repeatedly across the face.

Seriously though i think you should take this to the police first.

Edit: just noticed not in US, umm try Local authorities of what you got there.
2nd February 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Where this guy at? ima fkin swing my iCrap device at him and crack it and smack it on his face with the glass shards and everything or use like an ipad and smack him repeatedly across the face.

Seriously though i think you should take this to the police first.

Edit: just noticed not in US, umm try Local authorities of what you got there.

I did, but they said there's nothing they can do without actually capturing his ass. Thanks for being angry together with me, it helps a lot.
Last edited by 84Guzz; 2nd February 2014 at 06:08 AM.
2nd February 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 31

185 posts
I'm not sure it'd work for you but you could try downloading Dumpster from Google play. The only thing is idk if it recovers deleted files or it recovers files deleted after the app is installed.

2nd February 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grim489

I'm not sure it'd work for you but you could try downloading Dumpster from Google play. The only thing is idk if it recovers deleted files or it recovers files deleted after the app is installed.

Just sample .png... Thanks for this, I'll keep it on there, just pushing my teeth back in place now
2nd February 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 328

1,283 posts
More
Quote:

I did, but they said there's nothing they can do without actually capturing his ass. Thanks for being angry together with me, it helps a lot.

WHATTT!?????????????? You should be mad at your country for not hunting his ass down.
2nd February 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

WHATTT!?????????????? You should be mad at your country for not hunting his ass down.

I know, it was just 10 minutes. If you ever come to the Netherlands remember it pays to be a criminal.
2nd February 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Eindhoven

90 posts
More
Quote:

I know, it was just 10 minutes. If you ever come to the Netherlands remember it pays to be a criminal.

For all of you wanting to help:

I'm going to go to sleep now, it's 06:30 am over here. If your want to help catch this bastard, reply to this thread with a way to recover deleted videos from a Nexus 5.
I'm sure he was just a dumb kid, as he let me go after deleting the video + some dumb tutorials i shot. I think it would be the best thing to let him know not to do stuff like this again.

Thank you XDA, you're the only place to turn to after paying 1$ a minute trying to reach google, I got more response from you compared to a multi billion dollar company.

Email me at guusvandersluijs at gmail dot com

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread