Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help, assaulted while recording

Tip us?

P.Mobile
Old
Thanks Meter 935
should have punched him dead in the face!!!

pkny
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Maybe you can email google and see what they can do in recovering data.
At least they would tell you if that sector has been overwritten or not.

pr4wn3r
Old
Thanks Meter 9
http://www.android-data-recovery.org...-recovery.html

donno if this works,was the first thing that came up after googeling "recover deleted files nexus 5"

and go see a dentist,you dont wanna lose your teeth!

from my CM11 powered Nexus5
Nexus 5 - CM11
TF700T - CM11

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1908
You can try this method. I used it on my galaxy nexus, but don't see why it wouldn't work on the nexus 5. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1994705

[GUIDE] Internal Memory Data Recovery - Yes We Can!

sent from my HAMMERHEAD neXus

Melamunna
Old
Thanks Meter 33
The first thing to do would be to STOP USING THE PHONE. The more you use it, the higher the chance of the data being overwritten and thus unrecoverable. Remember, "deleting" something only marks it as available on the disk/flash memory.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melamunna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scoobydoo99
Old
(Last edited by scoobydoo99; 2nd February 2014 at 11:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
http://www.icare-recovery.com/free/a...-freeware.html

As above, if you carry on using the phone there's a chance you might write over the deleted file, any chance of recovery then becomes much more difficult, maybe even impossible. Try some of the software that's been mentioned above, if the files not been overwritten you should have a good chance of recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobydoo99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deakelem
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Guzz View Post
For all of you wanting to help:

I'm going to go to sleep now, it's 06:30 am over here. If your want to help catch this bastard, reply to this thread with a way to recover deleted videos from a Nexus 5.
I'm sure he was just a dumb kid, as he let me go after deleting the video + some dumb tutorials i shot. I think it would be the best thing to let him know not to do stuff like this again.

Thank you XDA, you're the only place to turn to after paying 1$ a minute trying to reach google, I got more response from you compared to a multi billion dollar company.

Email me at guusvandersluijs at gmail dot com
correct as the past few posts say if you havnt overwritten that area of your internal storage where the video was saved you should no problem using some recovery tools to get the deleted information. I work as a security analyst doing forensics and e-discovery. I recommend the program r-studio to recovery deleted information. you will have to pay for it unless you can find a free copy on the internet.. lol but you can also get a trial of it which will let you recovery files smaller than like 1mb which might not help you but you can at least use the trial to determine if the video is recoverable.

magnetboard
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You can also use diskdigger. The free version should do what you need it to

Sent from my One Xl using xda premium

84Guzz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Thank all of you for your help. I tried several tools, with varying results.

Sadly I can't seem to get anything watchable back. I got a couple of bruises and my jaw still kinda hurts, but it's nothing permanent.

I got an app that can undo removal of photos and videos for the next time something like this happens, also I should be more carefull not to put myself in harms way again. People are unpredictable.

This thread can be closed.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10026
Are you rooted? If not, we're at the end of the road.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.