5,596,354 Members 38,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Help! Nexus 5 Signal Issue(Not rooted)

Tip us?

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
You guys forget to mention that Google cheaped out on the antenna to cut costs. Best you can do is to flash your carrier's radio over the generic one

Sent from my Nexus 5
each nexus device has a different build quality looks like the newer ones based off the serial number looks to be a tad better signal wise

PynkFloydd
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Upcoming Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
You guys forget to mention that Google cheaped out on the antenna to cut costs. Best you can do is to flash your carrier's radio over the generic one

Sent from my Nexus 5
I'm sorry, but you're dead wrong. SO much misinformation here. First off, there is no "carrier" or "generic" baseband. There is only one baseband. Second, antenna design requires a lot of engineering to maximize signal efficiency when you're dealing with interference from such things as wifi, nfc, Bluetooth, metal construction in the phone, etc.. I'm not sure what magical material you think that cell antennas should be made of that will solve issues?

I just got off of the phone with Sprint. They show that there is an internal memo on the issue and LG is aware of it. They will be pushing an update as soon as it's ready. Sprint will also be pushing an update for the Airave to help with the issue. The support rep told me that it is an issue where the wifi and LTE radios aren't playing nicely together and causing a conflict. That's why everything seems to work fine when 3G is set as a preferred network.

zombicidal maniac
Old
Thanks Meter 27
It's an issue that still hasn't gotten fix as seen here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=emergency

I'm going to have to buy a different phone because I have no signal almost everywhere I go. I switched my SIM to my wife's Note 2 and I had great signal and her SIM in the N5 had no signal.
-Always bring a banana to a party-

lsou
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I

The issue seem to be gone after couple days. I checked signal strength app, it shows same even though it shows only 1 bar.