Please help me save my Nexus 5!

Tip us?

psoni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help me save my Nexus 5!

Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks

mistahseller
Old
(Last edited by mistahseller; 25th January 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni View Post
Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks
Did you follow the tutorial? If you flashed 4.4.2 that is the latest image available. What recovery are you using? Stock I take it if you flashed the factory images? If you turn the phone completely off and then held vol down plus the power it will go to the android guy with his stomach open and this is fastboot. As long as you can get here we are ok.

If you were stock and unrooted hopefully it didn't just tank randomly...

mellevdlinde
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Please try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513937

[TOOL] 12/11/13 One Click Factory Restore KOT49H 4.4.2 (dead or alive)

Sent from my Nexus 5 (Tapatalk)
Nexus 5
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

Nexus 7
Stock ROM, Franco Kernel

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Hi!
Please help me !
Thanks
Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.

psoni
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.
While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2253
Quote:
While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help
I think rma is your option right now. Sounds like emmc is borked.

samersh72
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6009
Quote:
try to change usb port/cable
Google Nexus 5: N5 Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S4 I9500/I9505: Unroot, flash official stock
Galaxy Nexus I9250: Gnex Tips & Tricks ////// Odin/Back to stock 4.3 / 4.2.2
Galaxy SIII Mini I8190: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Ace Plus S7500: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Young S5360: Young Tips & Tricks
Galaxy S2 Plus I9105/P: Unroot, Flash official stock
Galaxy Tab 3 T210: Pit file 8GB
Sony Experia SP C5303 // Sony Experia L C2105

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Did you try to boot the backup bootloader?