Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Please help me save my Nexus 5!

OP psoni

25th January 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks
25th January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #2  
mistahseller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 199
 
814 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni

Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks

Did you follow the tutorial? If you flashed 4.4.2 that is the latest image available. What recovery are you using? Stock I take it if you flashed the factory images? If you turn the phone completely off and then held vol down plus the power it will go to the android guy with his stomach open and this is fastboot. As long as you can get here we are ok.

If you were stock and unrooted hopefully it didn't just tank randomly...
Last edited by mistahseller; 25th January 2014 at 09:10 PM.
25th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Please try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2513937

[TOOL] 12/11/13 One Click Factory Restore KOT49H 4.4.2 (dead or alive)


Sent from my Nexus 5 (Tapatalk)
26th January 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #4  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126
 
364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni

Hi!
My N5 hung and shut down abruptly. I tried restarting it but it hung repeatedly at the start screen. Frustrated, I tried factory reset but again it hung repeatedly at the 'erasing data' screen.
I did some hunting and found a soltuion. I downloaded SDK & 4.4.2 image and did a fastboot (i dont know what it means but it seems to have helped everyone) Again, nothing happened (I did unlock the bootloader before doing all of this)
Now I tried factory reset again and just after selecting the "recovery mode" option, the "updates installation" screen appeared and this screen wouldnt go away, at all. I tried to go to the bootloader screen again using the volume down+start keys, but it restarted at the "update installation" screen again and didnt progress any further.
Please help me !
Thanks

Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.
26th January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow

Sounds like the bootloader partition is corrupted. Try holding the power button and both volume buttons with the phone off. That will take you to the backup bootloader. From there you should be able to run flash-all.bat.

While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help
26th January 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,789
 
10,854 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni

While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help

I think rma is your option right now. Sounds like emmc is borked.
26th January 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni

While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help

try to change usb port/cable
26th January 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #8  
BirchBarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 126
 
364 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psoni

While writing 'bootloader' it gave a flash write failure and the phone is stuck at the same installation animation. I did everything in mac. Please help

Did you try to boot the backup bootloader?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes