FORUMS

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

[Q] Please help

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By blackuse, Member on 10th June 2014, 06:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i did a full factory reset and all the swipe data(system and data). i earlier had a custom thought this would take me to my stock rom.now its stuck with the google symbol, wat have i done and wat do i do to fix this

10th June 2014, 06:51 AM |#2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,823

More
A factory reset cannot restore the rom. By wiping system you also deleted your current rom.

To get back to stock, fastboot flash the stock images. There's a thread with full instructions linked in my signature

If yoga decide to root again, read the thread stuck at the top of q&\ labeled "read this before you root"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 07:23 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

A factory reset cannot restore the rom. By wiping system you also deleted your current rom.

To get back to stock, fastboot flash the stock images. There's a thread with full instructions linked in my signature

If yoga decide to root again, read the thread stuck at the top of q&\ labeled "read this before you root"

jst for my better understanding. i have deleted my rom and my device is without a rom now. but we do have to wipe system when installing a custom rom. so is there a way i'll be able to push the custom rom into the device's storage and install it. would that work
10th June 2014, 07:27 AM |#4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,823

More
Yes you can adb push a rom on to there but I'd recommend doing the above first. Simply because you didn't understand what you had done or why you did it means you have a bit more learning to do yet. Not trying to offend but being rooted needs knowledge so I recommend acquiring that before trying again.

The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th June 2014, 12:35 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yes you can adb push a rom on to there but I'd recommend doing the above first. Simply because you didn't understand what you had done or why you did it means you have a bit more learning to do yet. Not trying to offend but being rooted needs knowledge so I recommend acquiring that before trying again.

but I want to flash a custom rom so wouldnt it be wise to jst flash a custom rom. I thought the custom rom is like an update(stock + extra feature) to the stock so erasing it would put me to stock. is there some link were I could know more about these stuff.
10th June 2014, 12:59 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
I jst checked the links. REALLY USEFULL.

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread