Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help

Tip us?

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please help

i did a full factory reset and all the swipe data(system and data). i earlier had a custom thought this would take me to my stock rom.now its stuck with the google symbol, wat have i done and wat do i do to fix this

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9771
A factory reset cannot restore the rom. By wiping system you also deleted your current rom.

To get back to stock, fastboot flash the stock images. There's a thread with full instructions linked in my signature

If yoga decide to root again, read the thread stuck at the top of q&\ labeled "read this before you root"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
A factory reset cannot restore the rom. By wiping system you also deleted your current rom.

To get back to stock, fastboot flash the stock images. There's a thread with full instructions linked in my signature

If yoga decide to root again, read the thread stuck at the top of q&\ labeled "read this before you root"

jst for my better understanding. i have deleted my rom and my device is without a rom now. but we do have to wipe system when installing a custom rom. so is there a way i'll be able to push the custom rom into the device's storage and install it. would that work

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9771
Yes you can adb push a rom on to there but I'd recommend doing the above first. Simply because you didn't understand what you had done or why you did it means you have a bit more learning to do yet. Not trying to offend but being rooted needs knowledge so I recommend acquiring that before trying again.

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yes you can adb push a rom on to there but I'd recommend doing the above first. Simply because you didn't understand what you had done or why you did it means you have a bit more learning to do yet. Not trying to offend but being rooted needs knowledge so I recommend acquiring that before trying again.

but I want to flash a custom rom so wouldnt it be wise to jst flash a custom rom. I thought the custom rom is like an update(stock + extra feature) to the stock so erasing it would put me to stock. is there some link were I could know more about these stuff.

blackuse
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I jst checked the links. REALLY USEFULL.

THANKS FOR THE HELP