FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

[Q] Please help! "unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped"

36 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By lilfil3, Member on 28th May 2014, 06:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th May 2014, 04:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfil3

Yes. I had like everything enabled. I changed things in the status and notification bar and I also did stuff to my lock screen and a few other tweaks.

You can change all that stuff in GravityBox and XGEL so might be best to just use those instead

20th June 2014, 10:31 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Due to an update of an Xposed module, I had badly corrupted my systemui. The phone was totally unusable, and I could only press the OK button notifying the stopped event at startup.
Lucky me, I still had not updated to 4.4.3. Via Skipsoft Android Toolkit I updated to the last Android release, and my systemui got fixed. I did not choose to perform a complete wipe, so I actually maintained my previous apps. In relation to root, I did not loose it, but I had to reinstall SuperSU to get the non-official apps working again.
I hope this helps somebody else in my same condition, with no need to do a system wipe!
16th August 2014, 06:14 AM |#13  
Dubai
Thanks Meter: 70

More
thank you. this helped me today.
woke up with the error. assuming its gravitybox and xblast causing an issue. will remove xblast.
16th August 2014, 12:20 PM |#14  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,801

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9o

Due to an update of an Xposed module, I had badly corrupted my systemui. The phone was totally unusable, and I could only press the OK button notifying the stopped event at startup.
Lucky me, I still had not updated to 4.4.3. Via Skipsoft Android Toolkit I updated to the last Android release, and my systemui got fixed. I did not choose to perform a complete wipe, so I actually maintained my previous apps. In relation to root, I did not loose it, but I had to reinstall SuperSU to get the non-official apps working again.
I hope this helps somebody else in my same condition, with no need to do a system wipe!

Xposed does not actually "touch" or change SystemUI in any way. Xposed puts a couple of "files" in system which allows intercepted commands to be changed, without changing the actual code.

When you updated the ROM via a toolkit (PLEASE don't use toolkits by the way) you would have overwritten these Xposed files.

The simplest fix is to just remove the Xposed files

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread