Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help! "unfortunately the process com.android.systemui has stopped"

Tip us?

CitizenLee
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfil3 View Post
Yes. I had like everything enabled. I changed things in the status and notification bar and I also did stuff to my lock screen and a few other tweaks.
You can change all that stuff in GravityBox and XGEL so might be best to just use those instead
Main Device: Google Nexus 5
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Moto G
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 1
Dropbox | Flickr

i9o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Due to an update of an Xposed module, I had badly corrupted my systemui. The phone was totally unusable, and I could only press the OK button notifying the stopped event at startup.
Lucky me, I still had not updated to 4.4.3. Via Skipsoft Android Toolkit I updated to the last Android release, and my systemui got fixed. I did not choose to perform a complete wipe, so I actually maintained my previous apps. In relation to root, I did not loose it, but I had to reinstall SuperSU to get the non-official apps working again.
I hope this helps somebody else in my same condition, with no need to do a system wipe!

Sagar4995
Old
Thanks Meter 55
thank you. this helped me today.
woke up with the error. assuming its gravitybox and xblast causing an issue. will remove xblast.

OPO Invite Status: Received on 15/08/14 - Courtesy @logtodd
OPO Order Status: Complete on 20/08/14 - 64GB Sandstone Black
Previous Device: Nexus 5 | Instagram ID: @SagarChablani

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9o View Post
Due to an update of an Xposed module, I had badly corrupted my systemui. The phone was totally unusable, and I could only press the OK button notifying the stopped event at startup.
Lucky me, I still had not updated to 4.4.3. Via Skipsoft Android Toolkit I updated to the last Android release, and my systemui got fixed. I did not choose to perform a complete wipe, so I actually maintained my previous apps. In relation to root, I did not loose it, but I had to reinstall SuperSU to get the non-official apps working again.
I hope this helps somebody else in my same condition, with no need to do a system wipe!
Xposed does not actually "touch" or change SystemUI in any way. Xposed puts a couple of "files" in system which allows intercepted commands to be changed, without changing the actual code.

When you updated the ROM via a toolkit (PLEASE don't use toolkits by the way) you would have overwritten these Xposed files.

The simplest fix is to just remove the Xposed files

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.