FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Poor battery life on cyanogenmod 11

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Goku450, Junior Member on 31st July 2014, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
I have a nexus 5 running cyanogenmod 11 ,and for a while now I have been experiencing
some very poor battery life performance.
yesterday it went from 50% to 1% at night because of com.android.systemui and android system.

I tried installing different nightlies versions but the battery was still unstable and drained completely. :/
So today I re-installed everything and did a complete factory reset and cache partition format installing nightly 20140731 and Gapps, hoping that would help.

I charged my phone to 100% ,and then unplugged it and let Gsam battery monitor run in background with no apps working ,almost everything greenified, with WiFi off,location off and sync on.
Google now is off, brightness on low settings (no auto brightness),good data signal strength and very low usage (mostly checking whatsapp, couple of minutes of gaming, checking some stuff on chrome, but most of the time I didn't even touch the phone).

Normally this kind of usage should not make my nexus run under 90%-95%. this time it dropped to 20% ,in 4 hours...

I followed the battery troubleshooting sticky thread , and did everything I could to make the battery last.
I've uploaded the pictures of my battery usage in a rar (it doesn't let me upload all 5 pictures,so rar it is...) and I'm really hoping someone could help me solve this..
I don't want to go back to stock android, but this battery drain is intolerable.

If you need more information please ask..
Attached Files
File Type: rar Desktop.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.22 MB, 6 views)
Last edited by Goku450; 1st August 2014 at 10:54 AM.
 
 
31st July 2014, 03:54 PM |#2  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,131
 
More
Theres a sticky thread for this:

[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot battery issues here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2014, 10:56 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Theres a sticky thread for this:

[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot battery issues here!

Sorry, I'm kinda new here.
I followed the thread and updated my original post according to that.
1st August 2014, 11:07 AM |#4  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku450

Sorry, I'm kinda new here.
I followed the thread and updated my original post according to that.

For these two you need to tap on it to see whats causing the wakelock ._.

1st August 2014, 11:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think it's gone now...
I guess I need to do the test again...
1st August 2014, 11:21 AM |#6  
Elluel's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku450

I think it's gone now...
I guess I need to do the test again...

It hardly tells us anything until you tap on something that has somewhat high usage/what type of wakelock is keeping your device awake. In your case it would be "System..." and "Combined App Wakelocks", you tap on those.
1st August 2014, 11:24 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy

It hardly tells us anything until you tap on something that has somewhat high usage/what type of wakelock is keeping your device awake. In your case it would be "System..." and "Combined App Wakelocks", you tap on those.

Well ,then I'll update the screenshots after the battery is drained again ...
1st August 2014, 01:16 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Considering it's a nightly, it could just be bugs. I've never actually tried nightlies because I like stability, but I suppose it is possible that there's wakelocks bugs.
1st August 2014, 01:45 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer

Considering it's a nightly, it could just be bugs. I've never actually tried nightlies because I like stability, but I suppose it is possible that there's wakelocks bugs.

There is no stable version for nexus 5,and I heard that snapshot is less stable than nightlies.
1st August 2014, 02:49 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku450

There is no stable version for nexus 5,and I heard that snapshot is less stable than nightlies.

I just mean in general a nightly might be unstable. Not saying you should switch to a stable CM. Just saying some bugs are expected. But regardless, I agree with the previous posters. You should click on the individual apps in that list to get more information.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes