Poor microphone when in phone calls

Tip us?

Razors123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Poor microphone when in phone calls

Hello everyone

So I've recently purchased a Nexus 5 and I really love how smooth the phone acts. I really love the new Hangouts integration and all.

But now people are complaining when I'm a phone call with them. Sometimes my microphone randomly lowers itself to the point people can't hear me. I then adjust my phone positioning in my hand and then they can hear me clear again.

It's not like I'm holding my phone upside down or something, just like a regular person. This problem tends to happen a lot when I'm laying down.

It's a 310K model so it's from one of the first batches.

Anyone having the same problem? I've Googled the problem a bit and people tend to think it's a software problem (something with the noise cancelation thingy). I don't want to return the phone unless I really have no other option.

Would you guys recommend me keeping the phone and wait for a possible fix? I've got this phone a week now and Amazon says I have till half of January to return it for a full refund.

Thanks in advance

hunhool
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors123 View Post
Hello everyone

So I've recently purchased a Nexus 5 and I really love how smooth the phone acts. I really love the new Hangouts integration and all.

But now people are complaining when I'm a phone call with them. Sometimes my microphone randomly lowers itself to the point people can't hear me. I then adjust my phone positioning in my hand and then they can hear me clear again.

It's not like I'm holding my phone upside down or something, just like a regular person. This problem tends to happen a lot when I'm laying down.

It's a 310K model so it's from one of the first batches.

Anyone having the same problem? I've Googled the problem a bit and people tend to think it's a software problem (something with the noise cancelation thingy). I don't want to return the phone unless I really have no other option.

Would you guys recommend me keeping the phone and wait for a possible fix? I've got this phone a week now and Amazon says I have till half of January to return it for a full refund.

Thanks in advance
I've the same problem+ signal loose randomly.
Phoned up google and tried to resolve the issues.
Now just received my RMA label via email and will receive my replacement phone soon

nos2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi,

I've the same problem with my 310K Nexus 5 (EU). I'm searching since some days but can't find any satisfying fix.
Today I got an answer from the Google support, they suggest to factory reset my Nexus 5.

I haven't done it yet, but I don't think this could fix the problem. I think I'll try it tomorrow and I'll report back asap.
Please let me know if you find any solution.
HTC HD2 - FTW!

hunhool
Old
Thanks Meter 49

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nos2k5 View Post
Hi,

I've the same problem with my 310K Nexus 5 (EU). I'm searching since some days but can't find any satisfying fix.
Today I got an answer from the Google support, they suggest to factory reset my Nexus 5.

I haven't done it yet, but I don't think this could fix the problem. I think I'll try it tomorrow and I'll report back asap.
Please let me know if you find any solution.
the ytold me the same thing(factory reset).
I said I've just did a factory reset...so then offered a replacement
The Following User Says Thank You to hunhool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nos2k5
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Update: receiving a replacement phone the next days
HTC HD2 - FTW!