Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Porting a KitKat ROM. Several Issues Encountered.

Tip us?

TekGadgt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Question [Q] Porting a KitKat ROM. Several Issues Encountered.

Ok, I have a Nexus 5. I have been trying to port (Zip style, not Source) the CM11S build for the OnePlus One. I used the 20140615 CM11 nightly build as the base, but it keeps getting stuck at the boot animation. My issues are that I need to know how to activate ADB Debugging through the build.prop so I can get a logcat on first boot (while it's stuck on the boot animation). Also, once I can get a logcat, I would love some help debugging my port. I will upload a copy of my Zip in it's current form, if anyone has any advice, feel free to pass along some advice.

My CM11S Port (AndroidFileHost)

Look at the world around you. With the slightest push - in just the right place - it can be tipped.
- Malcolm Gladwell

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10634
Don't think you can do it in build prop.. You would need use sqlite3 to write it to settings.db

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

TekGadgt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Don't think you can do it in build prop.. You would need use sqlite3 to write it to settings.db

Can this be done without the ROM booting fully?

Look at the world around you. With the slightest push - in just the right place - it can be tipped.
- Malcolm Gladwell

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10634
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGadgt View Post
Can this be done without the ROM booting fully?
Yeah you can adb pull the db and use sqllite to edit it on a pc and push it back

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

TekGadgt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Yeah you can adb pull the db and use sqllite to edit it on a pc and push it back

I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.

- Malcolm Gladwell

bitdomo
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGadgt View Post
I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.
search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

TekGadgt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo View Post
search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
I got the adb over recovery issue sorted out, now I just need to figure out why when I use adb logcat, I get /sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also, if I try to save the logcat to a file, adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt, I get Access is denied.

- Malcolm Gladwell

Tags
cm 11s, kitkat, nexus 5, oneplus one, porting