Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Porting a KitKat ROM. Several Issues Encountered.

OP TekGadgt

18th June 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145

175 posts
More
Ok, I have a Nexus 5. I have been trying to port (Zip style, not Source) the CM11S build for the OnePlus One. I used the 20140615 CM11 nightly build as the base, but it keeps getting stuck at the boot animation. My issues are that I need to know how to activate ADB Debugging through the build.prop so I can get a logcat on first boot (while it's stuck on the boot animation). Also, once I can get a logcat, I would love some help debugging my port. I will upload a copy of my Zip in it's current form, if anyone has any advice, feel free to pass along some advice.

My CM11S Port (AndroidFileHost)
18th June 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,491

24,599 posts
More
Don't think you can do it in build prop.. You would need use sqlite3 to write it to settings.db

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
18th June 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Don't think you can do it in build prop.. You would need use sqlite3 to write it to settings.db

Can this be done without the ROM booting fully?
18th June 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,491

24,599 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGadgt

Can this be done without the ROM booting fully?

Yeah you can adb pull the db and use sqllite to edit it on a pc and push it back

18th June 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yeah you can adb pull the db and use sqllite to edit it on a pc and push it back

I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.
18th June 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #6  
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 709

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGadgt

I am having issues with adb over recovery, my device in device manager appears as 'AOSP on Hammerhead' and does not recognize adb interface. I have tried CWM, TWRP, and Philz.

search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
18th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

175 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

search on google for: xda naked usb drivers 0.73, download it and install those drivers in device manager for AOSP on hammerhead device. If you are running running win 8 or 8.1 then you have to turn off the driver signature enforcement.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

I got the adb over recovery issue sorted out, now I just need to figure out why when I use adb logcat, I get /sbin/sh: exec: line 1: logcat: not found

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Also, if I try to save the logcat to a file, adb logcat -v long > logcat.txt, I get Access is denied.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm 11s, kitkat, nexus 5, oneplus one, porting
Previous Thread Next Thread