Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Porting number to aio from st

Tip us?

imablackhat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 261
Default Porting number to aio from st

So I've had st since n5 release and I'm fed up and switching.

Anyway during the aio checkout. I entered my account number and pin and last four of social. And they billed me and its processing.

Now.. I hear nightmares of people having to call st to authorize a port. Which sounds like a major pain.

Will aio still ship my stuff to me and I can figure out the port and stuff when I'm trying to activate my new service and sim?

Or do you think they'll reject my order?... And refund me :/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

movielover76
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Are you switching from an AT&T Sim on net10 to AIO? I ask because ports only work when your actually switching carriers for instance T-Mobile ST to AIO.
Otherwise AT&T has to handle it internally which can be a real mess.
Switching mvno but staying with the same carrier can be a really pita.
Otherwise it should be fine, I switch and port quite often.

It should be noted that if your frustration with ST is Latency and data issues your unlikely to be happier with AIO. they actually throttle the data about the same , latency is the same and they also limit your maximum speed. If you want better latency on prepaid AT&T you pretty much have to go to go phone.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

I'd it's an actual port and your have the right information acct # and password I've never had to call the company I'm porting from. I just ported from Net10 (same company) AT&T to MetroPCS this week

Nexus 5 (Personal)
Stock
HTC First (Work)
Stock, Rooted
Retired Phones: AT&T Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, AT&T Galaxy S II,GSM Galaxy Nexus,HTC Rezound, Thunderbolt, Captivate, Focus (WP7), Blackberry Torch, iPhone3GS