Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Powering off upon boot

Tip us?

TheSnuke
Old
(Last edited by TheSnuke; 20th January 2014 at 08:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Powering off upon boot

I woke up to find my phone off, I knew the battery was charged so I turned it on, when the phone booted and got to the lock screen the powering off box popped up and it shut down. I tried multiple times to boot but every time the powering off box would pop up and the phone would shut off. So I booted into recovery and wiped the phone, that didn't fix it, the phone is still shutting down upon boot, does anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I have flashed the stock rom and wiped all the caches and its still shutting down once it gets to the lock screen. Its almost like the power button is stuck, but I'm able to navigate in recovery fine so I don't believe that's possible.

TheSnuke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I followed the steps on how to unroot and reset the phone to completely stock and the problem still persists, anyone have any idea?

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSnuke View Post
I followed the steps on how to unroot and reset the phone to completely stock and the problem still persists, anyone have any idea?
If you have flashed the factory images and so on and all of this still persist than it's RMA time.