FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 25 – May 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Lollipop Xposed Framework Alpha 4 Released

Good news to all Xposed Framework fans. XDA Senior Recognized … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Prevent phone from automatically unlock after accepting incoming call?

27th August 2014, 05:33 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi guys,

I've recently realised that after I receive a phone call, the phone automatically gets unlocked after the call has ended.

Is there any setting to prevent this?

I am so used to stuffing the phone back into my pocket and do not wish to inadvertently butt dial someone or launch apps while the phone is sitting unlocked in my pocket.

Hope you guys can help on this.
 
 
27th August 2014, 06:03 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 181
 
More
i dont know what kind a security lock you have, if its a pin it shouldn't, thinking about this, im sure i have to put my pin code to access the phone during and after a call otherwise this would be a security loophole.
27th August 2014, 07:01 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by republicano

i dont know what kind a security lock you have, if its a pin it shouldn't, thinking about this, im sure i have to put my pin code to access the phone during and after a call otherwise this would be a security loophole.

I'm just using the standard Slide to unlock setting.
27th August 2014, 07:10 AM |#4  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,060
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andretan

I'm just using the standard Slide to unlock setting.

Slide to unlock is pretty useless without security. It even let's you use the notification area so I doubt it would fully prevent pocket dialling.

Anyway, doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 10:19 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Slide to unlock is pretty useless without security. It even let's you use the notification area so I doubt it would fully prevent pocket dialling.

Anyway, doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Umm, yes I know that it doesn't offer much security but I don't want to punch in a password or use the camera security each time I want to access my phone.
28th August 2014, 10:36 AM |#6  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 17,060
 
More
The lock screen doesn't automatically lock after a call without security. Power button to turn off the screen does. So after a call, turn off the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 10:38 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

The lock screen doesn't automatically lock after a call without security. Power button to turn off the screen does. So after a call, turn off the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Alrighty then. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank