[Q] Print email from OEM Email app?

OP xda_fanboy

5th May 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

76 posts
OK, I'm hoping I'm missing something very obvious... but I cannot find an option to print an email from the OEM Email (not GMail) app that comes installed on the Nexus 5?

Unfortunately, it has to be printed from this app (so other working options like login via browser, print from PC etc. are not viable for me).

I've already searched extensively and have not been able to find any information. Can someone please advise on how to accomplish this? Surely you have to be able to print an email from within the app!?
5th May 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Clearwater, Florida
Thanks Meter: 175

1,158 posts
More
If you have a wireless printer, there are a few good printing apps out there. The printer and phone have to be on the same wireless network to work. Epson printing app works great. Good luck.

NEXUS 5
The Following User Says Thank You to dave2metz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2metz

If you have a wireless printer, there are a few good printing apps out there. The printer and phone have to be on the same wireless network to work. Epson printing app works great. Good luck.

NEXUS 5

Thanks but printing apps are not the issue, it's how to initiate the Print command from within the Email app itself. I can't find a menu option or equivalent anywhere.
5th May 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
You cannot print directly from the stock email app. Maybe Google will add this in a future update. If you are using a wireless printer then you might try installing the app for the make of printer you have and then you may be able to share an email with the app for print. I have an HP printer and have been unable to get the email share to work with the HP app. Only option I know of is to forward the email to your GMail account and print it from there. Not great but its the only way to print emails.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to pabarker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th May 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

76 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabarker

You cannot print directly from the stock email app. Maybe Google will add this in a future update. If you are using a wireless printer then you might try installing the app for the make of printer you have and then you may be able to share an email with the app for print. I have an HP printer and have been unable to get the email share to work with the HP app. Only option I know of is to forward the email to your GMail account and print it from there. Not great but its the only way to print emails.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks for confirming what I already suspected was the case, but still find a little hard to believe! Seems like an odd omission. Hopefully they'll add decent Share functionality in a future update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread