5,599,394 Members 37,869 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with 32 gig only saying it has 16 gigs of memory after factory restore

Tip us?

overlord727
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Post [Q] Problem with 32 gig only saying it has 16 gigs of memory after factory restore

I was having some major issues with my nexus 5 today, so I decided to flash completely back to stock using the google factory images in fastboot. After I restarted my phone, I noticed that my phone is only displaying 16 gigs of memory available when my model is the 32 gig model. Is there any way to restore the phone back to being a 32 gig? Or a way to reformat it? Thanks!
HTC M8 And Nexus 7 2013

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2257
You're going to have to go into the stock recovery and clear cache and do a factory reset

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1031
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
You're going to have to go into the stock recovery and clear cache and do a factory reset
Wiping cache should fix it. Factory reset wipes cache anyhow.

Hammerhead Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.1 (API 19) + Koush's Universal ADB Drivers v6
Recovery: TWRP | Stock KOT49H zip
Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Johmama
Old
Thanks Meter 268

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlord727 View Post
I was having some major issues with my nexus 5 today, so I decided to flash completely back to stock using the google factory images in fastboot. After I restarted my phone, I noticed that my phone is only displaying 16 gigs of memory available when my model is the 32 gig model. Is there any way to restore the phone back to being a 32 gig? Or a way to reformat it? Thanks!
Try following this guide posted in the Nexus 4 forums, posted by @El Daddy with helpful shortcut provided by @dellenrules in this post. Basically clear cache/factory reset using the stock recovery image, not a custom one. Of course, use the recovery image for the Nexus 5 instead of the Nexus 4.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johmama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

overlord727
Old
(Last edited by overlord727; 30th December 2013 at 08:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Okay, I will try it and let you all know what happens! Thanks for the help! Luckily I flashed everything back to stock including recovery, so no extra steps hopefully!

Edit:

This fixed it! Thank you everyone!
HTC M8 And Nexus 7 2013
Tags
16 gb, 32 gb, memory, nexus 5, storage