5,594,653 Members 32,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem With Default Actions

Tip us?

carlese
Old
(Last edited by carlese; 9th December 2013 at 10:17 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default Problem With Default Actions

Hi guys.. I'm having a problem and I'm getting mad.. i installed mxplayer as usual, after a factory reset, but dolphin browser doesn't ask me which app should it use to play videos (from mobile youtube or other sites). How can i reset the default app? I tried to llok into settings-app-reset to default but nothing..

I also tried to download a sample video file, chose the wrong player (poweramp), but when i go into settings-app-poweramp the reset default is grayed out and i can't click it.. wtf is happening to my phone???

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1451

DONATE TO ME
Installing a new app (same use) should reset the default one.

carlese
Old
(Last edited by carlese; 25th November 2013 at 03:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primokorn View Post
Installing a new app (same use) should reset the default one.
It didn't reset.. I tried installing dice player but nothing, no popup selection appears.. Guess I'll have to format everything and start fresh..

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlese View Post
It didn't reset.. I tried installing dice player but nothing, no popup selection appears.. Guess I'll have to format everything and start fresh..
Did u wipe the data of Dolphin Browser or MxPlayer or both? Because you have to wipe the MxPlayer's ones.

carlese
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Yes I did.. Tried uninstalling but no luck.. This evening I'll format everything, hoping it will work..

carlese
Old
(Last edited by carlese; 25th November 2013 at 09:21 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Ok now i'm getting really mad.. can anyone try to reproduce the issue? If i run dolhpin browser and mxplayer, i open for example youtube.com and run a video and the default (???) player starts to play, not mx player.. how can it be? It doesn't even ask me which player should it use.. i formatted everything, flashed another rom.. nothing!

0dBu
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Ok now i'm getting really mad.. can anyone try to reproduce the issue? If i run dolhpin browser and mxplayer, i open for example youtube.com and run a video and the default (???) player starts to play, not mx player.. how can it be? It doesn't even ask me which player should it use.. i formatted everything, flashed another rom.. nothing!
Dolphin browser used to do that to me all the time on my Galaxy Nexus. It's not a phone issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

carlese
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0dBu View Post
Dolphin browser used to do that to me all the time on my Galaxy Nexus. It's not a phone issue.

the problem is i tried even google chrome.. could someone verify this issue please?

0dBu
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
the problem is i tried even google chrome.. could someone verify this issue please?
I'm using Chrome and everything is working fine. MX Player works fine.

carlese
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0dBu View Post
I'm using Chrome and everything is working fine. MX Player works fine.

So if you open mobile youtube it opens in mxplayer? are you able to control volume and brightness by sliding your fingers?