Would The LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Problem with PC

26th August 2014, 09:04 AM |#1  
SirMatin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
my n5 was fine before my pc was connected to internet .... but when it did, it updated th drivers and now i can't access my files in either MTP or PTP mode ....

i did uninstall n5's drivers from device manager and then it didn't even recognize the device .... o_O (not even in add a device)
btw i'm using win 8.1

ps. i did try using another port and cable
26th August 2014, 09:49 AM |#2  
Primokorn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
5,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatin

my n5 was fine before my pc was connected to internet .... but when it did, it updated th drivers and now i can't access my files in either MTP or PTP mode ....

i did uninstall n5's drivers from device manager and then it didn't even recognize the device .... o_O (not even in add a device)
btw i'm using win 8.1

ps. i did try using another port and cable

Did u reboot after removing the drivers?
Download the universal naked drivers
Read this too. It might help.
26th August 2014, 11:57 AM |#3  
SirMatin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
i rebooted several times ...
actually the problem is that my pc doesn't recognize N5 .... any idea how 2 fix that?
26th August 2014, 12:14 PM |#4  
joecool666's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 173
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatin

i rebooted several times ...
actually the problem is that my pc doesn't recognize N5 .... any idea how 2 fix that?

hi i had the same problem, goto start menu computer right click manage, goto dievces driver updates and properties and roll back driver's hope this helps,
26th August 2014, 12:39 PM |#5  
EnricoD's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 4,056
 
2,274 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatin

my n5 was fine before my pc was connected to internet .... but when it did, it updated th drivers and now i can't access my files in either MTP or PTP mode ....

i did uninstall n5's drivers from device manager and then it didn't even recognize the device .... o_O (not even in add a device)
btw i'm using win 8.1

ps. i did try using another port and cable

i had same problems on win 8.1

the problem is due to mtp windows drivers,
the problem is that windows will install his generic drivers and will override nexus 5 drivers installation

i solved by

1. uninstall all adb intefarces (for example, on acer, I had 2 acer adb interface and another adb bootloader interface)

2. deleting all android_winusb related folders from

Quote:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

or everytime Windows will install them instead of the right ones


then I installed google usb drivers and it worked.
Last edited by EnricoD; 26th August 2014 at 12:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EnricoD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 02:15 PM |#6  
SirMatin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoD

i had same problems on win 8.1

the problem is due to mtp windows drivers,
the problem is that windows will install his generic drivers and will override nexus 5 drivers installation

i solved by

1. uninstall all adb intefarces (for example, on acer, I had 2 acer adb interface and another adb bootloader interface)

2. deleting all android_winusb related folders from



or everytime Windows will install them instead of the right ones


then I installed google usb drivers and it worked.


tnx a lot ... it worked but only when my pc was not connected to net ... when it did, it went back as it was before


btw is there any way to add msc to n5 on stock 4.4.4?
Last edited by SirMatin; 26th August 2014 at 02:20 PM.
26th August 2014, 02:42 PM |#7  
joecool666's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 173
 
712 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoD

i had same problems on win 8.1

the problem is due to mtp windows drivers,
the problem is that windows will install his generic drivers and will override nexus 5 drivers installation

i solved by

1. uninstall all adb intefarces (for example, on acer, I had 2 acer adb interface and another adb bootloader interface)

2. deleting all android_winusb related folders from



or everytime Windows will install them instead of the right ones


then I installed google usb drivers and it worked.

that's good to know thank you,
27th August 2014, 03:03 AM |#8  
SirMatin's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMatin

tnx a lot ... it worked but only when my pc was not connected to net ... when it did, it went back as it was before


btw is there any way to add msc to n5 on stock 4.4.4?

anyone know how 2 fix this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes