Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Big problem with my Play Store on my Nexus

Tip us?

littlewonder
Old
(Last edited by littlewonder; 11th February 2014 at 03:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
so how did you root? maybe you only unlocked the bootloader? if you are using the default recovery, then you could not have flashed the su binaries. you need to flash a custom recovery for that, either twrp or cwm recoveries. stock recovery doesnt give you an option to wipe dalvik, only custom recoveries do.
He could have just boot in to custom recovery via adb without flashing it and use it to install superSU binary. I do it all the time. I'm rooted and running stock recovery right now. No offense, just clarifying it is possible..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to littlewonder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewonder View Post
He could have just boot in to custom recovery via adb without flashing it and use it to install superSU binary. I do it all the time. I'm rooted and running stock recovery right now. No offense, just clarifying it is possible..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
truth.
thats how i used to get into the recovery if my old nexus one from powered off, since the power button was broken. id just fastboot boot from the bootloader instead of flastboot flash
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raptomic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey everyone thanx a lot for all your answers ! I'll try @BirchBarlow 's solution very soon and I'll tell you the results. About the app buying issue, I arranged with my parents thank you again a lot

raptomic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Just reflash the factory image and take it from there. We have no idea what this cracked play store may have modified, and simply clearing cache/dalvik may not be enough to reverse whatever it changed. In the future don't download warez, it's not not fair to the developers, and as you can see they can mess up your phone. If you want to download paid apps, you can get your parents to buy you store credit at the Google Play store.
Thank you a lot for this methods, it worked perfectly