XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with not receiving calls/texts while on LTE

Tip us?

bs012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] Problem with not receiving calls/texts while on LTE

I started to notice that I wasn't receiving a bunch of calls or texts on my Nexus 5 for a while, and then I was able to figure out that when I'm connected to LTE, my phone won't receive any calls, it just goes straight to voicemail and I never get a notification of a missed call on my phone. Also texts will be delayed until I'm not on LTE. When I turn LTE off and 3G on only, it works just fine. I'm with T-Mobile, but Sprint users have reported the problem as well. Does anybody else have that issue or have you heard of that issue? Is there any type of fix?

There's a link to google's productforums where a bunch of people are having the same problem when connected to LTE. but I can't post the link because I don't have 10 posts yet, lol. The title is Nexus 5 sometimes doesn't ring when people are calling it.

I'm wondering if it's not a more widespread issue but most people just don't realize they aren't missing any calls because they don't have any missed call icons or anything.

y2whisper
Old
Thanks Meter 178
This usually occurs when you are on LTE only so I am guessing the issue is that its not switching to HSPA properly. I assume your device when its not on 3g only is set to use all networks. Hopefully this gets resolved for you.
Google Nexus 5 by LG 32GB
Stock Rom - Rooted
Faux Kernel

Google Nexus 10 by Samsung 32GB
Jumping between Stock 4.4.1 and CM 11
The Following User Says Thank You to y2whisper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18016
if your phone is on lte only, you can not recieve phone calls or texts, it needs to be set on lte/gsm as phonecalls go gsm and not lte.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]