Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with screen/respond

Tip us?

giusdk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Problem with screen/respond

Hi everyone!

First, thanks for a great forum

I've had my Nexus 5 in some months, running on Franco Kernel and Purity Rom. It's been working flawless.

This morning when my alarm went off, I couldn't swipe the screen and stop the alarm. It was like whatever i did, the phone had it's "own life".
Then I pressed the power button for 10 seconds and it made a hard reboot. After reboot the phone went beserk, and without I touched the screen, it started to enter a lot of apps, close them, roll the menu bar down and up, enter more apps, close them again.
For the last 1 hours its been like that. Only for a minute did I have control of it, then i rebooted into recovery, but then it went crazy again, like some invisible person is clicking everywhere on the screen.

Luckily the phone still responds on the power button, so i could lock the screen in recovery mode, before it did something nasty.

Any ideas on what to do?

I have ADB turned on, so maybe i could push a new ROM or something?
Maybe something via ODIN? (Idk if Odin works on the Nexus5, but i've had other smartphones that could be restored with Odin if everything went wrong.)

Looking forward to your replies.

Thank you for your time!

Have a nice friday

experience7
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Was the phone connected to a charger when all these strange things happened?
I noticed that the screen somehow acts crazy when the phone gets charged. Only happens to me when I'm using my old Galaxy S2 charger though. As soon as I unplug the phone everything's back to its normal state - no lags/stutters/unwanted activities what so ever

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
SMARTPHONE HISTORY:
#1: Samsung Omnia 7 _ sold on eBay.
#2: HTC HD2 _ my brother gave it back to me *_*
#3: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) _ sold to a friend.
#4: LG Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) _ my current beast! <3

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2145

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

You could try sideloading a new rom... But this smells like a hardware issue to me...