Problem with Windows 8.1 USB

Search This thread

jdekoven

Aug 14, 2012
When I connect my Nexus 5 to USB on Windows 8.1 the menu will come up showing connected as storage device, but it does not connect. The power flickers on and off so with the sound off you hear annoying beeping on and off. I have no problem with Windows 7. I tried another HTC phone I have and had the same issue. So I can't even get it to recognize in device manager. I've done a few searches, but haven't really found a solution. I know there are USB issues with Windows 8.1 where they power down and I've seen that happen on a external hard drive and speakers. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
When I connect my Nexus 5 to USB on Windows 8.1 the menu will come up showing connected as storage device, but it does not connect. The power flickers on and off so with the sound off you hear annoying beeping on and off. I have no problem with Windows 7. I tried another HTC phone I have and had the same issue. So I can't even get it to recognize in device manager. I've done a few searches, but haven't really found a solution. I know there are USB issues with Windows 8.1 where they power down and I've seen that happen on a external hard drive and speakers. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Just in case. Have you looked under "this PC" on the computer?
And is the phone on MTP mode on the notification bar?