Problems after 4.2.2 flash

Tip us?

Jaggions
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default Problems after 4.2.2 flash

Hi. I have flashed 4.2.2 update to my rooted Nexus 5 (stock kernel and ROM; CWM recovery). As expected, I lost root, so I copied the SuperSu zip onto the phone in order to re-flash it from CWM. However when I rebooted into recovery mode there was no CWM; I just got the dead android with the red triangle. So I flashed CWM recovery again from my PC, rebooted, flashed SuperSU. Play Store asked me to update it and I accepted, but doing that I lost root again. When I rebooted into recovery mode... CWM was gone again! Can you help me please? What am I doing wrong?

PS. I'm Italian, so sorry for my bad English

jenenser83
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Ok if u did a back up to your previous rom, just restore to that, than update and from recovery just flash cache/dalvik and choose no to the last question that asks recovery if u choose yes u loose Super User.

Jaggions
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenenser83 View Post
Ok if u did a back up to your previous rom, just restore to that, than update and from recovery just flash cache/dalvik and choose no to the last question that asks recovery if u choose yes u loose Super User.
I don't actually have a backup, what you said is exactly what I did. I answered "no" to the last question

jenenser83
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggions View Post
I don't actually have a backup, what you said is exactly what I did. I answered "no" to the last question
Always, always do a back up before doing anything try installing goo manager from playstore and install recovery from that app, than download SU.zip and flash it after that.