Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Process system isn't responding

Tip us?

Anderson2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default Process system isn't responding

Nexus 5 stock 4.4.2 ROM.

What would cause this on rebooting? After the popup error booting continues and the phone seems to work correctly.

I deleted both cache and dalvik cache but that didn't help.

What is Process system?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1403004646703.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	2803248  

xnormskix
Old
Thanks Meter 190

DONATE TO ME
Maybe you need to factory reset your device. Or if you rooted clean flash your rom.
-NEXUS 5 D821-
Paranoid Android | ElementalX

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,180

DONATE TO ME
Probably some of the system files got messed up? If it's bugging you, Flash the stock system, boot images and re-root.. Apps and it's settings can be backed up and restored via Titanium Backup.

Anderson2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Seems pretty radical. I was hoping for something less radical.

If I reset won't I lose all my system settings, accounts, and who knows what? I don't think tibu can restore those, can it?

If I accept the ota update to 4.4.3 (despite the problems about the radio, etc) would that overwrite all the system files?

I have nandroid back-ups and TWRP if that is helpful.

I am now having problems with widgets not working, Tapatalk not refreshing, etc.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,180

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
Seems pretty radical. I was hoping for something less radical.

If I reset won't I lose all my system settings, accounts, and who knows what? I don't think tibu can restore those, can it?

If I accept the ota update to 4.4.3 (despite the problems about the radio, etc) would that overwrite all the system files?

I have nandroid back-ups and TWRP if that is helpful.

I am now having problems with widgets not working, Tapatalk not refreshing, etc.
It takes about 10-15 mins to setup your google, other accounts and system settings.

No, OTA update won't delete anything. But if you have changed any 4.4.2 system files you shouldn't install the OTA as it would break and abort installation.

If you have the nandroid backup of your complete stock rom, you could restore it and then proceed with the OTA. Kindly refer to the OTA helpdesk in the General forum which will clear all your doubts.

Anderson2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Thank you again.

I took the plunge, uninstalled xposed, and accepted the ota. It updated with no problems - but I lost root. So I will spend the 10 minutes rerooting instead.

On the good side, after the update, the error no longer appears and the widgets work again.

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,180

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
Thank you again.

I took the plunge, uninstalled xposed, and accepted the ota. It updated with no problems - but I lost root. So I will spend the 10 minutes rerooting instead.

On the good side, after the update, the error no longer appears and the widgets work again.
That's great! Good to hear.

Anderson2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Thanks. I wanted to post my solution so others might benefit.

While searching for a solution I discovered that several others have faced this problem. So it is not that rare.