Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just purchased a nexus 5 from T-Mobile

Tip us?

lowsnamebrand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Just purchased a nexus 5 from T-Mobile

I'm now waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I figured I'd ask the few questions I have and get a general idea.

First off is there any difference in the model sold on the play store and the one from T-Mobile? Are there any ROMs that have pie control, I love cm10.2 on the Nexus 7 because of not having the constant home, back, ect. I got the 16 gig model how much space is actually available to the user? And finally in your guys opinion what is the best custom ROM to run, ive been running CyanogenMod since cm6 and since CM11 is still very early on in development, I'm not sure if I wanna ride the nightly train, stability and PIE I guess is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance glad to soon be a part of the Nexus 5 family.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Mr hOaX
Old
Thanks Meter 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowsnamebrand View Post
I'm now waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I figured I'd ask the few questions I have and get a general idea.

First off is there any difference in the model sold on the play store and the one from T-Mobile? Are there any ROMs that have pie control, I love cm10.2 on the Nexus 7 because of not having the constant home, back, ect. I got the 16 gig model how much space is actually available to the user? And finally in your guys opinion what is the best custom ROM to run, ive been running CyanogenMod since cm6 and since CM11 is still very early on in development, I'm not sure if I wanna ride the nightly train, stability and PIE I guess is what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance glad to soon be a part of the Nexus 5 family.

Hi mate,

You will get 12.55 Gigabytes of space in 16gb model of Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hit Button If I Have Helped You / If You Like This Post

qbanlinxx
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I personally run Rastakat with Franco Kernel, and I love it. Great battery life, and very stable

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21016
Quote:

1.no difference whats so ever.
2. pie control roms, probably. i dont use it so never checked.
3. about 12 and a half gigabytes.
4. theres no such thing as a best rom. there's only the rom thats best for you. and starting threads on xda asking whats the best rom isnt allowed, and your thread will get closed.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hello00
Old
Thanks Meter 2097
Quote:

how much did it cost u?
-Black&Cyan for ICS 4.0.4, JB 4.1.1 and CM10 AOSP Theme Apps, -Blacked Out Gapps, Custom Batt% & Icons
-HTC Sense Camera for HTC One m7 Google Edition Roms 4.2.2 Click Here
-★ [THEMED] Kitkat 4.4 Mms.apk Dark Holo & More ★Here
★ ★ UCCW Clocks by me Click here ★ ★

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello00 View Post
how much did it cost u?
$396.

afazel
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Only difference between Nexus 5 purchased at T-Mobile vs. the Play store is that Sprint doesn't have the ESNs in their database so you can't activate it with Sprint. Nobody knows if they're going to change that later.

Not bad for one bar of 4G service.0000000000000000And this is work :P

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
The best rom would be stock, just be stock and deal with it you will find that its good enough for you and you dont have to worry about things like backing up stuff or losing your MEID
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

BirchBarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Stock ROM would certainly be the most reliable. If you want more granular control of the UI but want to keep the back-end stock, consider Xposed Framework with GravityBox.