Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Purchasing Nexus 5

Tip us?

wcfieldskx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Purchasing Nexus 5

Hey guys, looking at getting a Nexus 5 and wondering why most of the Ebay prices I've seen are much HIGHER than the Google Play store? Considering Google Play has them in stock.... What's up with these ridiculous prices?

rcook55
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcfieldskx View Post
Hey guys, looking at getting a Nexus 5 and wondering why most of the Ebay prices I've seen are much HIGHER than the Google Play store? Considering Google Play has them in stock.... What's up with these ridiculous prices?
People are stupid?

You don't want to deal with UPS as your order fulfillment provider because they can't seem to manage to not screw up your order and fail to deliver your device in a timely manner?

You pick.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcook55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wcfieldskx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcook55 View Post
People are stupid?

You don't want to deal with UPS as your order fulfillment provider because they can't seem to manage to not screw up your order and fail to deliver your device in a timely manner?

You pick.
I just assumed that most people would check Google before going straight to Ebay and paying (in some cases) over $100 more. About to order one from Google Play right now..

Beauenheim
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I just assumed that most people would check Google before going straight to Ebay and paying (in some cases) over $100 more. About to order one from Google Play right now..
When the Nexus 5's were first being sold, when it was sold out on the play store, people put them up on Ebay with a ridiculous mark-up.

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauenheim View Post
When the Nexus 5's were first being sold, when it was sold out on the play store, people put them up on Ebay with a ridiculous mark-up.
I bought a nexus 5 for 100$ more on eBay just because i couldn't wait.
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

decemberlast2013
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
This phone sells $800+ outside usa like in brazil or other places that cannot buy from playstore. No price is ridiculous as long as there is somebody willing to pay what you ask.

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by decemberlast2013 View Post
This phone sells $800+ outside usa like in brazil or other places that cannot buy from playstore. No price is ridiculous as long as there is somebody willing to pay what you ask.
Time to make some money

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One