Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pure stock unrooted Nexus 5 in bootloop

Tip us?

jaison thomas
Old
(Last edited by jaison thomas; 7th January 2014 at 07:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Default Pure stock unrooted Nexus 5 in bootloop

hi,
i got a problem with my nexus 5 which is pure stock and unrooted . i think it was a SOD,the phone was turned off automatically . i charged it for next 5 hours. but still it doesnt boots up. i have gone through this and this links for help. Following the second link by pressing volume down and power button the phone wont enter bootloader mode. But when i connect the phone to a pc while pressing the key combination it enters the bootloader mode for a second and switch off then turn on again to bootloader and this cycle continues. Bootloader mode is not standing there permanently for flashing again too. also if i connect phone to a charger it keeps on showing google logo and then turn off and again this cycle continues.

Any help to this issue is welcomed.

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1,636
More than likely corrupted data somewhere. U need to factory reset/wipe data. I've only ever used custom recovery but I'd assume that you could do this is stock. Have you tried holding both volume buttons down and power then selecting recovery in bootloader (some seem to have 2 bootloaders)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jaison thomas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
More than likely corrupted data somewhere. U need to factory reset/wipe data. I've only ever used custom recovery but I'd assume that you could do this is stock. Have you tried holding both volume buttons down and power then selecting recovery in bootloader (some seem to have 2 bootloaders)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
i have tried the key combinations ,the phone will enter into the bootloader just for a second and screen turns blank again and then back again to bootloader. this keeps on repeating and as a result i cant choose any options to enter recovery or reboot or wipe data.

weirddan455
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison thomas View Post
i have tried the key combinations ,the phone will enter into the bootloader just for a second and screen turns blank again and then back again to bootloader. this keeps on repeating and as a result i cant choose any options to enter recovery or reboot or wipe data.
Is your bootloader even unlocked? Sounds more like a hardware issue to me especially if you haven't put any custom ROMs on it or anything.

jaison thomas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirddan455 View Post
Is your bootloader even unlocked? Sounds more like a hardware issue to me especially if you haven't put any custom ROMs on it or anything.
No bootloader is locked,pure stock and never rooted,phone is just a few weeks old. I want to confirm whether its a hardware fault or not. it never shows charging icon too. just android logo turning on and off

weirddan455
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison thomas View Post
No bootloader is locked,pure stock and never rooted,phone is just a few weeks old. I want to confirm whether its a hardware fault or not. it never shows charging icon too. just android logo turning on and off
I would strongly suspect hardware issue then. These Nexus devices are really hard to brick in software. Can't speak for the Nexus 5 specifically since I haven't had it that long but it behaves almost identically in how you unlock, custom recovery, root, and ROM to my old Galaxy Nexus and I put that thing through the ringer with how many ROMs I put on it and never had a problem I couldn't fix by going into the bootloader and using fastboot.

I would RMA it if I were you unless you're feeling adventurous and want to use iFixIt or something. From the way you describe it, it sounds like the connection to the battery is going loose. Could be something else but if you can't get into the bootloader there's nothing you can do software side.

nalrodriguez
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This happened 2 days ago to my girlfiiend and I tried any possible combination to make it boot, but i just didnt, i called google for an RMA because it seemed like a hardware failure because it didnt get past Google Logo , not even for the Stock Recovery..

Phone automatically turned off and never turned on again.

So i recommend calling google for a replacement.