Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Pure stock unrooted Nexus 5 in bootloop

OP jaison thomas

7th January 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #1  
jaison thomas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 95
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
hi,
i got a problem with my nexus 5 which is pure stock and unrooted . i think it was a SOD,the phone was turned off automatically . i charged it for next 5 hours. but still it doesnt boots up. i have gone through this and this links for help. Following the second link by pressing volume down and power button the phone wont enter bootloader mode. But when i connect the phone to a pc while pressing the key combination it enters the bootloader mode for a second and switch off then turn on again to bootloader and this cycle continues. Bootloader mode is not standing there permanently for flashing again too. also if i connect phone to a charger it keeps on showing google logo and then turn off and again this cycle continues.

Any help to this issue is welcomed.
Last edited by jaison thomas; 7th January 2014 at 08:18 AM.
7th January 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #2  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,037
 
6,691 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More than likely corrupted data somewhere. U need to factory reset/wipe data. I've only ever used custom recovery but I'd assume that you could do this is stock. Have you tried holding both volume buttons down and power then selecting recovery in bootloader (some seem to have 2 bootloaders)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #3  
jaison thomas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 95
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

More than likely corrupted data somewhere. U need to factory reset/wipe data. I've only ever used custom recovery but I'd assume that you could do this is stock. Have you tried holding both volume buttons down and power then selecting recovery in bootloader (some seem to have 2 bootloaders)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i have tried the key combinations ,the phone will enter into the bootloader just for a second and screen turns blank again and then back again to bootloader. this keeps on repeating and as a result i cant choose any options to enter recovery or reboot or wipe data.
7th January 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison thomas

i have tried the key combinations ,the phone will enter into the bootloader just for a second and screen turns blank again and then back again to bootloader. this keeps on repeating and as a result i cant choose any options to enter recovery or reboot or wipe data.

Is your bootloader even unlocked? Sounds more like a hardware issue to me especially if you haven't put any custom ROMs on it or anything.
7th January 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #5  
jaison thomas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 95
 
335 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirddan455

Is your bootloader even unlocked? Sounds more like a hardware issue to me especially if you haven't put any custom ROMs on it or anything.

No bootloader is locked,pure stock and never rooted,phone is just a few weeks old. I want to confirm whether its a hardware fault or not. it never shows charging icon too. just android logo turning on and off
7th January 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaison thomas

No bootloader is locked,pure stock and never rooted,phone is just a few weeks old. I want to confirm whether its a hardware fault or not. it never shows charging icon too. just android logo turning on and off

I would strongly suspect hardware issue then. These Nexus devices are really hard to brick in software. Can't speak for the Nexus 5 specifically since I haven't had it that long but it behaves almost identically in how you unlock, custom recovery, root, and ROM to my old Galaxy Nexus and I put that thing through the ringer with how many ROMs I put on it and never had a problem I couldn't fix by going into the bootloader and using fastboot.

I would RMA it if I were you unless you're feeling adventurous and want to use iFixIt or something. From the way you describe it, it sounds like the connection to the battery is going loose. Could be something else but if you can't get into the bootloader there's nothing you can do software side.
7th January 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
This happened 2 days ago to my girlfiiend and I tried any possible combination to make it boot, but i just didnt, i called google for an RMA because it seemed like a hardware failure because it didnt get past Google Logo , not even for the Stock Recovery..

Phone automatically turned off and never turned on again.

So i recommend calling google for a replacement.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes