MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Q: Expanded Desktop/Keyboard Issue

OP Javeline4

20th January 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW, TX
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
So far, everything about the Nexus 5 is fantastic. One minor issue I am running across is related to the popup keyboard. For starters, I am using the GravityBox Pie Controls (always enabled feature). They are great, but the constant softkeys popping up when using any keyboard makes it quite annoying.

I looked on Xposed Framework and did not see any module that rectifies this minor annoyance.
Does anyone know of a way to disable the softkeys completely when using any android keyboard?
24th January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW, TX

28 posts
More
Bump as I have yet to find a solution to this problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
24th January 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,430

5,770 posts
More
I use gravitybox for expanded desktop + pie and have never had the softkeys pop up when using the keyboard, on either of my phones. Are you using actual expanded desktop or immersive mode with gravitybox?

Sent from my Moto X
26th January 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag DFW, TX

28 posts
More
Expanded desktop. I believe it is set to hide navigation bars. I'll try playing with the settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 55

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

I use gravitybox for expanded desktop + pie and have never had the softkeys pop up when using the keyboard, on either of my phones. Are you using actual expanded desktop or immersive mode with gravitybox?

Sent from my Moto X

Are you stock on your Moto X?

I suffer this same annoyance (as the OP) with Immerse Me module. The newest Gravity Box mod was to fix this but it breaks Desktoo Mode. Only "hide nav bar" and sem-immersive" mode work. Semi-immersive acts just like hide nav bar as you can't swipe to restore the nav bar.

I just use immerse me for now and deal with the keyboard and volume bug. Running stock root Moto X Dev VZW.
1st February 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicagoland

5,770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung

Are you stock on your Moto X?

I suffer this same annoyance (as the OP) with Immerse Me module. The newest Gravity Box mod was to fix this but it breaks Desktoo Mode. Only "hide nav bar" and sem-immersive" mode work. Semi-immersive acts just like hide nav bar as you can't swipe to restore the nav bar.

I just use immerse me for now and deal with the keyboard and volume bug. Running stock root Moto X Dev VZW.

Yeah, stock rooted. Have you tried the App Settings module? It allows you to set immersive mode on a per app basis. Not sure if it will solve your problem but it's worth a shot.
1st February 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 55

385 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Yeah, stock rooted. Have you tried the App Settings module? It allows you to set immersive mode on a per app basis. Not sure if it will solve your problem but it's worth a shot.

I will try it.

What version of Xposed and GravityBox are you using?

I am using 2.4.1 (xposed) 2.9.4 (GB)

*update* Just tried App Settings and it still suffers from same keyboard and volume issues.
Last edited by bunklung; 1st February 2014 at 10:10 PM.
1st February 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chicagoland

5,770 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunklung

I will try it.

What version of Xposed and GravityBox are you using?

I am using 2.4.1 (xposed) 2.9.4 (GB)

*update* Just tried App Settings and it still suffers from same keyboard and volume issues.

My X is on 2.2 for Xposed and 2.6.3 for GB. I'm still on Jelly Bean on my Moto X.

My N5 is on 2.4.1 for Xposed and 2.8.6 for GB.

What volume issues are you talking about?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread