FORUMS

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

[Q]

262 posts
Thanks Meter: 57
 
By zubsz, Senior Member on 18th March 2014, 08:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p when watching videos on this phone?
 
 
18th March 2014, 09:26 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubsz

Is there a noticeable difference between 720p and 1080p when watching videos on this phone?

Does file size count?
18th March 2014, 09:28 PM |#3  
zubsz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Does file size count?

I'm not sure, Most 1080p vids that I play have a higher file size than 720p ones though.
18th March 2014, 09:57 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,323
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubsz

I'm not sure, Most 1080p vids that I play have a higher file size than 720p ones though.

You have to really be paying attention to notice a difference from 720p to 1080p on a 27" monitor.
18th March 2014, 10:36 PM |#5  
zubsz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

You have to really be paying attention to notice a difference from 720p to 1080p on a 27" monitor.

Errm I'm talking about playback on this phone not a Tv lol
18th March 2014, 10:56 PM |#6  
vin4yak's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,462
 
More
Yes, there is a difference in viewing quality. I usually watch the ongoing tv shows on my device and I can certainly find a difference while watching 480/720/1080p!
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2014, 11:45 PM |#7  
zubsz's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak

Yes, there is a difference in viewing quality. I usually watch the ongoing tv shows on my device and I can certainly find a difference while watching 480/720/1080p!

Thanks I thought I was the only one noticing subtle improvement in quality! Made me paranoid for a while lol.
18th March 2014, 11:46 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Newcastle
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
I read a thing about a year ago, scientists reckon the human eye sees at the equivalent of 7.3 megapixels. So in theory, you would notice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to TheReverend210 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 01:17 AM |#9  
danarama's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 18,810
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend210

I read a thing about a year ago, scientists reckon the human eye sees at the equivalent of 7.3 megapixels. So in theory, you would notice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Yeah sure. 1080 is just over 2 mpx.

I can't say I've done a comparison on this size screen but I imagine there's a slight noticeable improvement. It'll be hard to see thought

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes