The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge Performance

more

Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay

The post Samsung Unveils Its Mobile Payment Solution, Samsung Pay appeared first on … more

Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3

The post Alcatel’s New Flagship: The OneTouch Idol 3 appeared first on … more
Post Reply

Question about Android system drain!

OP pikachukaki

5th March 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #1  
pikachukaki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,542
 
4,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
So we have two apps in battery drain... First is a game Royal Revolt 2 that is a tower defense 3D game that run 42minutes (not in a row) and Android system that also run for 40minutes...so both of them drain about 10% of battery... How this is possible I mean the Android system drain the same amount of battery as a 3D game?



Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5
5th March 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #2  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,229
 
6,978 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
5th March 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #3  
pikachukaki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,542
 
4,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!
5th March 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki

I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!

I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.
5th March 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #5  
pikachukaki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,542
 
4,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willup

I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.

Im with stock franco and greenify...i have at least all my apps that i dont need notifications greenfied....but i still dont get why android system drain as much as a 3D game!
5th March 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #6  
b00bs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 90
 
423 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I have the same problem. This question will never ever be answered clearly.

Aaand..location reporting off.
Last edited by b00bs; 5th March 2014 at 07:37 PM.
5th March 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,463
 
28,398 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
10% drain on android system is not high at all, its very normal.
5th March 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
I have been using My phone all day so far mainly to listen to music

Android System is only 7%

Compared to the other apps I have been using all day I don't think 7% is bad so 10% may be normal. However this is over a 7 hour period.
5th March 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #9  
pikachukaki's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Thessaloníki, Greece
Thanks Meter: 2,542
 
4,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

10% drain on android system is not high at all, its very normal.

Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...
5th March 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #10  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,463
 
28,398 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki

Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...

not all games. some need less, some need more, and some games are more optimized than others. my androis system usually takes ftom 8-14% battery, and i still get 5+ hours sot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes