Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 42,691 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about Android system drain!

Tip us?

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2517

DONATE TO ME
Default Question about Android system drain!

So we have two apps in battery drain... First is a game Royal Revolt 2 that is a tower defense 3D game that run 42minutes (not in a row) and Android system that also run for 40minutes...so both of them drain about 10% of battery... How this is possible I mean the Android system drain the same amount of battery as a 3D game?

Σεντ φρομ μυ Νεχυς 5

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1601
Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2517

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36 View Post
Do you still get the Android system drain if you don't play the game?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!

Willup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki View Post
I get about 40minutes drain on 12Hours usage (not SOT) and according to GSAM biggets drainers on Android System is ActivityManager-Launch and ConnectivityService...but im not wondering about the drain of AndroidSystem only why it drains so much as a 3D game!
I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2517

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willup View Post
I had a similar problem but I seemed to have fixed it. I am currently on Omni Rom latest nightly, installed Franco Kernel, and installed Greenify to hibernate apps that cause wake locks and run in the background continuously. Since I have done these 2 things my battery life has been much much better. Before I would be lucky to make it 8-9 hours on a single charge. Now im averaging 14+ hours. Still not amazing but better. Give these two things a try.
Im with stock franco and greenify...i have at least all my apps that i dont need notifications greenfied....but i still dont get why android system drain as much as a 3D game!

b00bs
Old
(Last edited by b00bs; 5th March 2014 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 53
I have the same problem. This question will never ever be answered clearly.

Aaand..location reporting off.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21132
10% drain on android system is not high at all, its very normal.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Willup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have been using My phone all day so far mainly to listen to music

Android System is only 7%

Compared to the other apps I have been using all day I don't think 7% is bad so 10% may be normal. However this is over a 7 hour period.

pikachukaki
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2517

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
10% drain on android system is not high at all, its very normal.
Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21132
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachukaki View Post
Yeah simms but why it have the same drain as a 3D game??games need more resources..CPU and GPU I/O etc....android system are just some OS features...
not all games. some need less, some need more, and some games are more optimized than others. my androis system usually takes ftom 8-14% battery, and i still get 5+ hours sot.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]