Post Reply

[question] how to mount internal storage in recovery?

OP Private.Indo

26th March 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
hi.

i have question that bothered me now and then.

how do you mount internal storage in pc. for example i wipe out everything, including internal storage (read as sd ext in recovery), evrytime i go in to recovery pick mount usb. it doesnt show any activities in my windows explorer. i go to my computer --> properties --> device manager there is icon nexus 5 with yellow warning on it. try to update driver but return in fail "windows was unable to instal nexus 5"

is there because linux partition on internal storage? so windows cannot load it? or i got wrong version of "usb driver"? or do you have better method? i'd like to know

now everytime i'm flashing rom wipe all data + cache + sd ext, reboot system, after to home screen or my device is on, my pc can transfer files, after done with transferring i reboot to recovery again and then apply rom
26th March 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #2  
Chromium's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 6,042
 
4,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
This phone doesn't support USB mass storage. Instead there is MTP, but this can only be used while the phone is booted into android. Therefore the only way to copy files to the device while in recovery is to use adb push.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
27th March 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium

This phone doesn't support USB mass storage. Instead there is MTP, but this can only be used while the phone is booted into android. Therefore the only way to copy files to the device while in recovery is to use adb push.

yes i's trying using method adb push, but my nexus doesnt recognize by pc when phone is turn off or in recovery mode, my pc or adb push only work if my nexus is turn on or booted up.

any sugestions?
27th March 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Göd
Thanks Meter: 685
 
1,124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private.Indo

yes i's trying using method adb push, but my nexus doesnt recognize by pc when phone is turn off or in recovery mode, my pc or adb push only work if my nexus is turn on or booted up.

any sugestions?

Search for this on google: naked usb driver 0.73 xda

Click on the first search resault then download the driver.

If you have windows 8 or 8.1 turn off driver signature enforcement.

Open device manager and install the driver for the unknown android device.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
27th March 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #5  
rootSU's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,151
 
23,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private.Indo

yes i's trying using method adb push, but my nexus doesnt recognize by pc when phone is turn off or in recovery mode, my pc or adb push only work if my nexus is turn on or booted up.

any sugestions?

Did you see this thread at the top of the Q&A section?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514396
27th March 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

Search for this on google: naked usb driver 0.73 xda

Click on the first search resault then download the driver.

If you have windows 8 or 8.1 turn off driver signature enforcement.

Open device manager and install the driver for the unknown android device.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

wow, thx, work like a charm

i knew it i just need correct usb driver package

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank