[Q] Question regarding rooting Nexus 5 and subsequent upgrades
Looking for some advice please as a newbie to Android.
I have a Nexus 5 32gb on order that is being delivered any day now.
My assumption is that when I turn it on, it will have Android 4.4 installed as default.
I intend to immediately root my device prior to setting it up with all my personal data etc.
My questions are:
- Do I install the 4.4.2 update OTA prior to rooting the device? I imagine this would make the most sense as there may not be further updates for a while - is this right?
- If I do install the 4.4.2 update OTA and then root the device - for future updates, do I then have to install a 'Custom Rom'? - for example if/when Android upgrades to 4.5
- Are there some good guides showing how to install a stock/vanilla Android upgrade?
- If/when I install a 'Custom Rom' of 4.5 , what would happen to my root priviledges? I assume they would disappear? what then?
- Is there a good repo/site for stock/vanilla Android OS?
Many thanks in advance,