5,596,235 Members 34,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about the screen

Tip us?

Daiskei
Old
(Last edited by Daiskei; 13th December 2013 at 07:01 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 190
Default Question about the screen

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I bought the N5 last week on Monday and have been through three devices with dirt under the screen/dead pixels. The fourth one sent to me finally seems to be working and in perfect condition, including vibration which was also messed up on the 2nd one. The question is... Is it normal to see the horizontal lines of the pixels while on a white background or any sort of light colored background? Just trying to ensure I don't have another messed up device. Thanks!

::EDIT::

Maybe it isn't pixels... Is it the digitizer?
My current device:
LG Google Nexus 4 - 16 GB
Running: Paranoid Android 3.69 - Halo

Retired:
HTC One S (Ville) - Ceramic Black
Running: ViperOneS 2.2.0 (Pure amazingness)
Samsung Galaxy SII
HTC Sensation
HTC MyTouch 4G Slide
HTC G2

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7405
There is a grid you will see if you angle the screen (whilst off) under light. Have a look shining light onto it at different angles. If this is the same as you are seeing, then yeah that's normal

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

maxpower7
Old
Thanks Meter 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
There is a grid you will see if you angle the screen (whilst off) under light. Have a look shining light onto it at different angles. If this is the same as you are seeing, then yeah that's normal

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're just seeing the digitizer. It's really faint so it doesn't bother me, but I could see someone not liking it.