Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question:LG G3 notification bar toggles for Nexus 5

Tip us?

avasponge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Question:LG G3 notification bar toggles for Nexus 5

Is it possible to put notification toggles like the ones on the new LG skin on the G3. Similar to this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737009

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by avasponge View Post
Is it possible to put notification toggles like the ones on the new LG skin on the G3. Similar to this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737009
A bunch of custom ROMs have this lol;

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
A bunch of custom ROMs have this lol;

Sent from my Nexus 5
Functionality-wise, sure.. Kinda. He's asking about this.

They aren't quite the same. I'd like those as well. They look real clean.
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
Functionality-wise, sure.. Kinda. He's asking about this.

They aren't quite the same. I'd like those as well. They look real clean.
Quick settings, low/auto brightness and use volume keys.. honestly its kind of pointless

I don't use it in my notifications normally either, just enabled it to screenshot.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

avasponge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Forgot to add

I'm on stock rom 4.4.3 on my Nexus 5. It can be different toggles, obviously not just the ones in the picture.

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
Quick settings, low/auto brightness and use volume keys.. honestly its kind of pointless

I don't use it in my notifications normally either, just enabled it to screenshot.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Not trying to be rude, but just because you don't use it personally does not make it pointless. That's the beauty of Android and a Nexus. You can customize it to YOUR own liking. I'd personally use the G3 ones above, because they look a hundred times better than the ones in your screenshot.. To me. I have them in my ROM too, but I don't use them because they look tacky to me. OP wasn't asking if it's possible to put notification toggles in the drop down, they were asking if there's a way to add the LG G3 toggles to the drop down. There is a difference.

Again, not trying to start an argument here, but they were asking specifically about the G3 toggles.

Edit: NVM LOL.

Use a custom ROM like he said then...
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

avasponge
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Other ways

Anyways without getting a custom rom?

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by avasponge View Post
Anyways without getting a custom rom?
No
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
Not trying to be rude, but just because you don't use it personally does not make it pointless. That's the beauty of Android and a Nexus. You can customize it to YOUR own liking. I'd personally use the G3 ones above, because they look a hundred times better than the ones in your screenshot.. To me. I have them in my ROM too, but I don't use them because they look tacky to me. OP wasn't asking if it's possible to put notification toggles in the drop down, they were asking if there's a way to add the LG G3 toggles to the drop down. There is a difference.

Again, not trying to start an argument here, but they were asking specifically about the G3 toggles.

Edit: NVM LOL.

Use a custom ROM like he said then...
I know what you mean I don't think anyone has actually bothered to do it and implement it though.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote: