Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Few questions from new owner

Tip us?

geiswiz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Few questions from new owner

I got my Nexus 5 yesterday and I have to say this phone is amazing! There are a few things that I'm missing that I had with my GS3 running slim bean:

1) Quiet time and profiles - these seem to have been removed in KitKat. They were stock features in JellyBean.

2) LED notification customization.

3) DPI settings.

The last 2 were features of slim. I'm currently running stock, rooted + Xposed with GravityBox. Is there any way to get these features without flashing a custom ROM? I know about light flow, but I was looking to see if this could be done with an Xsposed module.

Thanks!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9728
3 try "app settings" xposed module.

Light flow is the best option for 1 & 2. People try to do everything via xposed. This is not what it is for. It is for system tweaks without modifying system. As gravitybox dev says, where there is an app to do what you want, use it.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

scottjb
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by geiswiz View Post
1) Quiet time and profiles - these seem to have been removed in KitKat. They were stock features in JellyBean.
Profiles are not part of Android. They must have been a feature added by Samsung on your GS3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk