Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] some questions

Tip us?

dlsygaco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default [Q] some questions

Just recently bought n5.
Is quick settings really like this? Normal wifi press takes me to listed wifi, and long press turns it normally. same goes for bluetooth etc. Been on a cm11 and its the other way around.
How do i get that "say ok google" back on homescreen google bar? - its lost now leaving with old jb mic look. Turning speech in settings off makes it kitkat look mic but no ok google.
Ive not rooted yet. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1948

DONATE TO ME
Yes, it's normal behavior of stock rom(quick settings).
If you're using the stock google now launcher then the search box should be placed on every homescreen.. Unfortunately, you can't use "OK Google" command with other launchers..
The Following User Says Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dlsygaco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Yes, it's normal behavior of stock rom(quick settings).
If you're using the stock google now launcher then the search box should be placed on every homescreen.. Unfortunately, you can't use "OK Google" command with other launchers..
Yeah i mean i dont so "say ok google" on search bar anymore and it has the old mic icon.. Not the new one :0

jwhyte
Old
Thanks Meter 348
If your using Google now launcher long press screen settings OK Google hotword detection.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jwhyte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsygaco View Post
Yeah i mean i dont so "say ok google" on search bar anymore and it has the old mic icon.. Not the new one :0

if it doesnt say "say ok google" on the search bar anymore, that is normal, it eventually goes away. as long as you saying ok google still works.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]