XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Radio band

Tip us?

treIII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403
Default Radio band

If I am in an dchspa+ 42 area what would be the best setting to use in the hidden menu setting such as wcdma, LTE gsm, wcdma preferred, etc... These are just some of the stings inside the radio shortcuts hidden menu. I only get 3-5 Mbps and I feel like being on the 42 hspa+ that I should get better speeds. My town is small also. Population 15 k.
Here's the hidden menu.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388558999865.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2487031   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388559038455.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2487034  

rootSU
Old
(Last edited by rootSU; 1st January 2014 at 11:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7431
You shouldn't need to touch this. That's why its hidden Speed can be down to distance from the mast.

I don't know if CDMA means CDMA or WCDMA.

Depending which it is, either LTE/GSM or LTE/GSM/CDMA

Really its this screen you should be using

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

jbdan
Old
Thanks Meter 473
Agree with rootsu. In addition you should set it to 3g in that screen rootsu posted. It'll take care of itself

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
"The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" <><

frigidazzi
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII View Post
If I am in an dchspa+ 42 area what would be the best setting to use in the hidden menu setting such as wcdma, LTE gsm, wcdma preferred, etc... These are just some of the stings inside the radio shortcuts hidden menu. I only get 3-5 Mbps and I feel like being on the 42 hspa+ that I should get better speeds. My town is small also. Population 15 k.
Here's the hidden menu.
If you aren't using lte then it would be wcdma preferred, which is the same as selecting 3g in the other menu mentioned.

I use this screen to force test areas with weak lte (lte only mode). Stuff like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to frigidazzi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

treIII
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by frigidazzi View Post
If you aren't using lte then it would be wcdma preferred, which is the same as selecting 3g in the other menu mentioned.

I use this screen to force test areas with weak lte (lte only mode). Stuff like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
When I change it to 3g in the hidden menu it changes to gsm auto prl not wcdma preferred. So what should I do? Should I manually set it to wcdma preferred or when I set it to 3g and it changes in the hidden menu to gsm auto prl just leave it? Thanks

markdapimp
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 297
That isn't a hidden menu its just an app called phone info it does the same as going to mobile networks and selecting 3g. You really don't need an app to enable this super leet hacks speeda

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk